Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.3.X
Fixed in 2018.2.X
[Enlighten] Crash in AssetDatabase::CheckCanAddObjectToAsset after baking lighting for additively loaded scenes
Steps to repro:
1. Open attached project and 'main' scene;
2. Drag 't1' scene to the Hierarchy;
3. Open Lighting window (Window>Lighting>Settings);
4. Click 'Generate Lighting' button;
5. Wait until baking is finished.
Editor crashes (see attached video). Last calls from the stacktrace:
0x0000000141F251F7 (Unity) AssetDatabase::CheckCanAddObjectToAsset
0x0000000141F26889 (Unity) AssetDatabase::CreateSerializedAsset
0x00000001411582AD (Unity) WriteLightingDataAssetJob::Integrate
0x0000000140DE69FB (Unity) JobManager::IntegrateCompletedJobs
0x0000000141142A05 (Unity) GISceneManager::Update
0x000000014113CD95 (Unity) `GISceneManager::GISceneManager'::`2'::tickGIInEditorRegistrator::Forward
Regression introduced in Unity 2018.2.0a3.
Workaround is to bake lighting in auto-mode.
Editor should not crash after generating lighting for multiple scenes.
- Reproducible in 2018.2.0a3;
- Not reproducible in 2018.2.0a2, 2018.1.0b10, 2017.3.0p2;
- Reproducible on Windows 10 and OSX 10.13.3;
- Reproducible when Enlighten is set as baking backend for both scenes; when PLM is set, the Editor spams errors (known bug);
- Reproducible only when manually baking scenes; not reproducible in auto-mode;
- The bug completely prevents manual baking of additively loaded scenes (since PLM batch baking has known issues currently).
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [2D] Light 2D component does not light the sprite correctly in the Play Mode
- Animator.GetCurrentAnimatorClipInfo() returns an empty list when the Animator is playing the animation
- SHADERPASS has incorrect value when using Shader Graph for Built-In target
- [VFX] Gizmo still incorrectly rendered for a hidden property
- Nested object label indentation is incorrect when using the UI Toolkit Inspector