Search Issue Tracker
Engine integrated Ads SDK fails to initialize on iOS with .ipa builds
Ads fails to initialize on iOS with .ipa build or when published to TestFlight/App Store
1. What happened
Also reported by several users starting in 5.5.0p3. Works when deployed/testing locally on iOS device directly from Xcode, however fails when building .ipa file and installing that.
From Game Performance service have following report for a published build on Apple TestFlight:
EntryPointNotFoundException: Unable to find an entry point named 'UnityAdsEngineSetReadyCallback' in '__InternalDynamic'.
Workaround is to use Ads SDK from asset store package: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/66123
2. How we can reproduce it using the example you attached
1. Clone https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/unity-ads-engineintegration-test
2. Test locally by running from Xcode, verify ads are shown
3. In Xcode, select Project->Archive
4. In the Archives window, select Export -> "Save for Development Deployment"
5. Install the produced .ipa file, e.g. using iTunes
Expected: Ads are shown
Actual: Ads not shown
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Black screen frame appears in the WebGL Player when the Unity loading screen is over
- Crash on WriteParticleLineVertex when the "Generate Lighting Data" property is enabled in the Particle System
- UI overlay becomes visible in ray-traced reflections when HDR Color output is enabled
- [Mobile] Player silently crashes on a mobile device when using a lot of "Camera" GameObjects (40 and more) in the Scene
- Scene is modified after exiting Play Mode when Graphics Compositor is enabled in HD RP