Search Issue Tracker
Engine integrated Ads SDK fails to initialize on iOS with .ipa builds
Ads fails to initialize on iOS with .ipa build or when published to TestFlight/App Store
1. What happened
Also reported by several users starting in 5.5.0p3. Works when deployed/testing locally on iOS device directly from Xcode, however fails when building .ipa file and installing that.
From Game Performance service have following report for a published build on Apple TestFlight:
EntryPointNotFoundException: Unable to find an entry point named 'UnityAdsEngineSetReadyCallback' in '__InternalDynamic'.
Workaround is to use Ads SDK from asset store package: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/66123
2. How we can reproduce it using the example you attached
1. Clone https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/unity-ads-engineintegration-test
2. Test locally by running from Xcode, verify ads are shown
3. In Xcode, select Project->Archive
4. In the Archives window, select Export -> "Save for Development Deployment"
5. Install the produced .ipa file, e.g. using iTunes
Expected: Ads are shown
Actual: Ads not shown
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Changes to instanced detail mesh material don't immediately apply
- Undo.RegisterObject or Undo.CreateObject dirties the scene, but no actual changes to Scene are made
- [Profiler] Scrubbing through filtered frames or sorting their data replaces the displayed data with duplicated data entries
- [UI Builder] It is possible to add content to parent document while editing child document in place
- EndChangeCheck is not triggered when clearing the IMGUI search field by pressing the "x" button