Search Issue Tracker
Fix in review
Engine integrated Ads SDK fails to initialize on iOS with .ipa builds
Ads fails to initialize on iOS with .ipa build or when published to TestFlight/App Store
1. What happened
Also reported by several users starting in 5.5.0p3. Works when deployed/testing locally on iOS device directly from Xcode, however fails when building .ipa file and installing that.
From Game Performance service have following report for a published build on Apple TestFlight:
EntryPointNotFoundException: Unable to find an entry point named 'UnityAdsEngineSetReadyCallback' in '__InternalDynamic'.
Workaround is to use Ads SDK from asset store package: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/66123
2. How we can reproduce it using the example you attached
1. Clone https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/unity-ads-engineintegration-test
2. Test locally by running from Xcode, verify ads are shown
3. In Xcode, select Project->Archive
4. In the Archives window, select Export -> "Save for Development Deployment"
5. Install the produced .ipa file, e.g. using iTunes
Expected: Ads are shown
Actual: Ads not shown
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Unity crash in SerializedFile::ReadMetadata<false> when AssetBundle. LoadFromMemory() is called
- ProceduralMaterial.ClearCache() on "Do Nothing" Substance triggers RebuildTextures
- Setting "Default Behavior Mode" to "2D" breaks HDR rendering
- Crash in GdipCreateBitmapFromStream when calling System.Drawing.Bitmap constructor
- DLL files are not excluded during building for standalone platform, even though they are selected to be excluded