Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
Fixed in 2021.2.X
High polling rate mouse causes performance issues
1. Open new Unity Project
2. Enter Play Mode
3. In Game View, rapidly move mouse around, with its polling set to 1000
4. In Profiler window, Editor mode, observe performance
Expected result: Performance does not slow down
Actual result: Editor performance slows down significantly
Reproducible with: Razer Viper Ultimate
Not reproducible with: Steel Series Rival 600, Steel Series Rival 110, Logitech G903, Razer Naga Chroma
Affected Unity versions: 2018.4.35f1, 2019.4.28f1, 2020.3.11f1, 2021.1.11f1
1. The issue is much lesser when outside of Play Mode or when moving the mouse around in a Build
2. The slowdown seems to be correlated to the polling rate of the mouse. Setting it to 100 nearly negates the issue.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- deadlock in AssetDatabase_AcceleratorClient_Scheduling.ScheduledRequest_Status_InProgress
- Texture Compression settings on Android and WebGL Platforms are reset to default when building the project using a script
- Camera active Texture is not written if another camera has a Script using "OnRenderImage"
- The Camera's background color is white when the device Appearance is "Light Mode"
- Some GameObjects ignore the Default Parent when creating them in the Hierarchy