Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1
Fixed in 2019.3
Editor performance drop when holding down keys and moving mouse when in Playmode
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project
2. Open "SampleScene" scene
3. Windows > Analysis > Profiler
4. Switch the profiler to Editor mode
5. Enter Play mode
6. Hold down Shift+A keys and move the mouse through the Hierarchy or Game View
7. Notice the spikes in profiler
Actual result: Holding the keys and moving mouse causes significant performance drop in the Editor.
Expected result: The performance doesn't get affected.
Reproducible with: 2017.4, 2018.4, 2019.1, 2019.2, 2019.3, 2020.1.0a19.
Not reproducible with: 5.2,
- Reproducible on both OSX and Windows
- The spikes seems to be connected to the window the mouse is on.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Changes to instanced detail mesh material don't immediately apply
- Undo.RegisterObject or Undo.CreateObject dirties the scene, but no actual changes to Scene are made
- [Profiler] Scrubbing through filtered frames or sorting their data replaces the displayed data with duplicated data entries
- [UI Builder] It is possible to add content to parent document while editing child document in place
- EndChangeCheck is not triggered when clearing the IMGUI search field by pressing the "x" button