Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1.X
Fixed in 2019.3.X
Editor performance drop when holding down keys and moving mouse when in Playmode
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project
2. Open "SampleScene" scene
3. Windows > Analysis > Profiler
4. Switch the profiler to Editor mode
5. Enter Play mode
6. Hold down Shift+A keys and move the mouse through the Hierarchy or Game View
7. Notice the spikes in profiler
Actual result: Holding the keys and moving mouse causes significant performance drop in the Editor.
Expected result: The performance doesn't get affected.
Reproducible with: 2017.4, 2018.4, 2019.1, 2019.2, 2019.3, 2020.1.0a19.
Not reproducible with: 5.2,
- Reproducible on both OSX and Windows
- The spikes seems to be connected to the window the mouse is on.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [macOS] There is no way to tell if you are running under Rosetta
- [AssetImport] Changing Graphics APIs in Android platform reimports most of the assets (textures, fonts, ...)
- Stack frames are missing from Console window when in Full Stack trace mode
- An error is returned and no package is listed if an invalid package is hosted on a scoped registry
- Crash with ComputeTileMeshJob when generating Navmesh