Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1.X
Fixed in 2019.3.X
Editor performance drop when holding down keys and moving mouse when in Playmode
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project
2. Open "SampleScene" scene
3. Windows > Analysis > Profiler
4. Switch the profiler to Editor mode
5. Enter Play mode
6. Hold down Shift+A keys and move the mouse through the Hierarchy or Game View
7. Notice the spikes in profiler
Actual result: Holding the keys and moving mouse causes significant performance drop in the Editor.
Expected result: The performance doesn't get affected.
Reproducible with: 2017.4, 2018.4, 2019.1, 2019.2, 2019.3, 2020.1.0a19.
Not reproducible with: 5.2,
- Reproducible on both OSX and Windows
- The spikes seems to be connected to the window the mouse is on.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Button highlight state disabled when hovering cursor over smaller sized child UI objects
- "Unity has stopped working" window is skipped when the Editor crashes
- The "Properties..." shortcut does not open the Focused Inspector window when the new GameObject is created
- Editor crashes when using WebCamTexture
- [URP] ShaderKeywords '_MAIN_LIGHT_SHADOWS' and '_ADDITIONAL_LIGHT_SHADOWS' are always enabled in the Editor