Search Issue Tracker
Editor performance drop when holding down "F" key while in Play Mode
How to reproduce:
1. Create a new project
2. Open Profiler (Window > Analysis > Profiler)
3. Start profiling Editor
4. Enter Play Mode
5. Hold the "F" key while Game View is focused
Actual result: Performance spikes appears (The amount depends from size of the project).
Expected result: The performance doesn't get affected.
Reproducible with: 2020.1.0a23, 2019.3.0f6, 2019.2.20f1, 2018.4.17f1.
- The performance gets a lot worse with bigger projects.
- Seems like the spikes are biggest in Unity 2019.3.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- “ArgumentOutOfRangeException” error appears when inserting a double character if using “SetValueWithoutNotify” on UI Toolkit’s TextField
- Particle System emission delays between particle generations when playing the simulation
- EditorUtility.DisplayDialog is not shown when Input.GetMouseButtonDown is called a second time
- Animator Enum Properties get set to 0 instead of the value specified in the Scene when the Property is animated by a State that is not playing
- [iOS] Background thread runs a few times slower when “application.targetFrameRate“ is set to 30 compared to 29 on some iOS devices