Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.3.X
Editor freezes when viewing/building asset bundles if a custom font is used in a TextMesh
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project
2. Open the Test_Scene
3. "New Text" GO/Text Mesh component -> change Font to Avenir-Black-03.
5. Go to Window/AssetBundle Browser and click the refresh button several times and/or click between the Configure and Build tabs
6. Observe the freeze
Reproducible with 5.6.6f2, 2017.4.3f1, 2018.1.1f1, 2018.2.0b5, 2018.3.0a1 (96cbaa2912e7)
- GO with a TextMesh component is unrelated to the asset bundle and it doesn't need to be nested under the Cube
- Freeze can also be reproduced by calling BuildPipeline.BuildAssetBundles (Build Asset Bundles/Build All Asset Bundles)
- These assertion errors are thrown forever:
Assertion failed on expression: 'm_ActiveBlocks[i].locked == 0'
Assertion failed on expression: 'res'
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- An error message is displayed when any type of file is saved outside the project's assets folder
- [iOS] 'Automatically add capabilites' doesn't work
- [UI Toolkit][Android] Text field becomes multiline during edition in the Player when the Multiline option is disabled in the UI document TexField settings
- BadImageFormatException is being thrown after creating URP or HDRP Template Projects
- Custom fonts aren’t applied to TextMeshPro Text when using <font> tag