Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
Fixed in 2019.3.X, 2020.1.X
Editor crashes/freezes on a broken project when editing a Scene using Tilemap
1. Open the "Mapping" Scene in the attached "1221127.zip" project
2. Open the Tile Palette window and check if Active Tilemap set to "Bushes"
3. Check if current Tile Palette is set to "OBJECTS"
4. Select an area from the Tile Palette where there is a Tile Asset and paint the Scene
Reproducible with: 2019.1.3f1, 2019.3.9f1, 2020.1.0b4, 2020.2.0a6
Not reproducible with: 2019.1.0a1, 2019.1.0b8
Could not test with: 2017.4.39f1, 2018.4.20f1 - (Missing/Corrupted Tile Assets, Palettes, Tilemaps), 2019.1.0b9, 2019.1.2f1 - (Immediate Editor freeze after opening the project)
-Editor locks-up for a few seconds when opening the "Mapping" Scene
-Noticeable small Editor lock-ups when editing the Scene using Tilemap on versions where this issue is not reproducible (2019.1.0a1 - 2019.1.0b8)
-Common Editor freezing when closing the project
Jun 30, 2021 01:07
Still in 2021.1.1f1
Adding a new tile locks the editor, forcing you to quit the Unity editor (it also prevents you from saving, which is kind of frustrating).
It's almost impossible to use tile palettes/maps now unfortunately.
Jun 30, 2020 20:13
Still found in 2019.4.1f1 too
Apr 25, 2020 16:58
Seems like I've encountered this in 2019.3.11f1
Whenever I try to edit a tilemap now, it just hard locks my editor.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Long Prefab save times when using Unity 2022.2 and higher
- Console displays error "UnityException: Creating asset at path Assets/Scenes/ .scenetemplate failed." during scene template saving
- "Development Build" watermark is shown in non-development UWP release builds
- Console errors appear when the Inspector is set to Debug and a GameObject is selected
- A script public variable value is not used when set in the Inspector window
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.2):
Fixed in: 2020.2.0a8
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.1):
Fixed in: 2020.1.0b8
Resolution Note (fix version 2019.3):
fixed in: 2019.3.12f1