Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.2
Fixed in 2019.1
Editor Freeze when creating Tile Assets with special characters (*) in the name
1) Create a new project
2) Import at least two textures and make them Sprites (note: if you try importing one with "*" in name, it will automatically be renamed)
3) Rename one of the Sprites to have a * character in it (one way is to open Files and renaming it there)
4) Open Tile Palette window and "Create New Palette"
5) Drag in only the Sprite with * in its name
6) Try to name the new asset with *
Expected: You get the error saying that special characters are not allowed. No freeze will happen if you will drag multiple Sprites in and name the asset with *, but no file dragged had one
7) Drag in multiple Sprites, one of them having * in the name
8) Name the new asset with *
Actual: Freeze, can only kill the editor
Reproduced in Unity 2017.4.2f2, 2018.2.16f1, 2018.3.0b11, 2019.1.0a10
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Changing ip address of cache server v2 doesn't reconnect.
- Aplying changes to root prefab in a nested prefab undo changes made to the child prefab
- [2018.4][UWP] Exception is thrown 'Unable to find method PostprocessStacktrace in [UnityEngine.CoreModule.dll]'
- Sub Emitter particle's width is twice its height when Separate Axes in the Size over Lifetime module is enabled
- Animation does not play correctly when Optimized Game Object functionality is used and a Child GameObject is added to bone