Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.2
Fixed in 2019.1
Editor Freeze when creating Tile Assets with special characters (*) in the name
1) Create a new project
2) Import at least two textures and make them Sprites (note: if you try importing one with "*" in name, it will automatically be renamed)
3) Rename one of the Sprites to have a * character in it (one way is to open Files and renaming it there)
4) Open Tile Palette window and "Create New Palette"
5) Drag in only the Sprite with * in its name
6) Try to name the new asset with *
Expected: You get the error saying that special characters are not allowed. No freeze will happen if you will drag multiple Sprites in and name the asset with *, but no file dragged had one
7) Drag in multiple Sprites, one of them having * in the name
8) Name the new asset with *
Actual: Freeze, can only kill the editor
Reproduced in Unity 2017.4.2f2, 2018.2.16f1, 2018.3.0b11, 2019.1.0a10
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Mac] Unity Hub encounters a critical error when trying to launch it after logging out
- [XR SDK | GLES] large gpu perf regression ~3 ms
- UploadHandlerFile.contentType cannot be set and always returns "text/plain"
- [XR][URP][Shader Graph][Android] Shader graph shaders are not rendering on Android when using texture array layout (multiview)
- Cloth behaving different after upgrading to 2019.2.9 from 2018.3