Search Issue Tracker
Editor crashes with "The file 'MemoryStream' is corrupted!" when entering Play Mode through Rider with breakpoints in decompiler
How to reproduce:
1. Open attached "pong-tdd1" project
2. Open project's solution in Rider
3. Search all (Ctrl + T), enter "TestLauncherFactory", open Symbols file and set breakpoint on line 16
4. Search all (Ctrl + T), enter "TestRunnerApi", open Symbols file and set breakpoint on line 16
5. Attach Rider to Unity process and enter Play Mode through Rider
Expected result: Editor does not crash
Actual result: Editor crashes
Reproduced with: 2018.3.0b3, 2019.1.0a2
Could not reproduce on earlier versions - was not able to decompile same two Symbols files in Rider
MissingMethodException: UnityEngine.GUIContent UnityEditor.EditorGUIUtility.TrTextContent(string,string,UnityEngine.Texture)
Rethrow as TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'UnityEditor.TestTools.TestRunner.GUI.TestListGUI' threw an exception.
at UnityEditor.TestTools.TestRunner.GUI.EditModeTestListGUI..ctor () <0x3c06e950 + 0x00052> in <d310e06253d94f229d301da3b83d828d>:0
(Filename: Line: -1)
The file 'MemoryStream' is corrupted! Remove it and launch unity again!
[Position out of bounds!]
Notes: IMPORTANT! You have to have enabled "Enable external source debug" in Rider settings (Ctrl + Alt + S -> Build, Execution,Deployment -> Debugger).
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Android] APP becomes unresponsive and crashes with ANR errors
- Replace no longer replaces when using incremental pipeline
- [LightProbes] Individual light probe gizmos are no longer visible
- Superluminal fails to resolve symbols after mono upgrade
- Terrain Trees snap to random rotations when using a mixture of GPU Instancing and moving the Camera in Play Mode