Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.1.X
Fixed in 2019.2.X
Editor crashes while opening the Occlusion Culling window if there is no camera tagged as Main Camera
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached or create a new project
2. Go to Window -> Rendering -> Occlusion Culling
3. Go to the Hierarchy window-> select Main Camera
4. Make sure that Occlusion Culling and the Inspector windows are open and then set Main Camera tag to Untagged
Reproducible with: 2019.1.0b10, 2019.2.0a10
Note: could not reproduce with 2018.3.12f1, but maybe it just needs more time for the crash to occur
If the crash does not occur at first, try steps options:
- Select different tabs, close and open them
- Tag and untag Main Camera many times
- Close Occlusion window and open it again
- Minimize and maximize Unity Editor
(download and check the reproduction videos from the cloud link)
#0 0x0000010e7b91c4 in DrawUmbraLinesGizmoImmediate()
#1 0x0000010edeac89 in GizmoManager::DrawGizmos(GizmoSubset)
#2 0x0000010f07aeea in Camera::FinishRenderingEditorCamera(Camera::RenderFlag, bool)
#3 0x0000010f9fb18b in Handles_CUSTOM_Internal_FinishDrawingCamera(ScriptingBackendNativeObjectPtrOpaque*, unsigned char)
Sep 08, 2022 07:27
Happens in 2022.2.0b7 too.
May 28, 2022 12:58
(continued). Let me be clear. I have my player, and under this game Object, there is a MainCamera, so this is not the same as the heading, but still when clicking the Occlusion Tab, it crashes.
May 28, 2022 12:55
Geezz. I have version 2020.3.25f personal, and when clicking on the Occlusion tab, Unity crashes.
What is up with this? Have even cleared the GI cache under Edit -> Preferences
May 11, 2020 17:34
Can see this again within 2019.3.11
It appears within the visualisation tabs of the occluder, it can be baked "completely" if you're not on the occlusion tab at all, but the data is corrupted and doesn't work.
If you're on the occlusion tab, you'll bake about 80% and it'll crash.
Sep 09, 2019 09:15
it haven't fixed in 2019.2 either, this is the third time it crashed.
i got the message : unity has stopped working and status : there is no fix available, please report a bug
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [URP] Exceeding the platform's supported light limit gives shadow distortion when using Deferred Rendering Path
- URP Sample Buffer Image Tile is moved when the Offset Value is changed
- Static constructor in a struct returns false when running tests with IL2CPP
- Console throws warnings and a MissingReferenceException error for XR packages when doing a clean project import
- [Linux][IL2CPP] Dedicated server crashes when calling Socket.Send
Resolution Note (fix version 2019.1):
Will be fixed into 2019.3 and backported into some older releases