Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1.X
Fixed in 2019.3.X
Editor crashes when taking memory snapshots for the first time after installing the Memory Profiler package
How to reproduce:
1. Create a new project
2. Add the Memory Profiler package to the project
3. Open the Memory Profiler Window (Window -> Analysis -> Memory Profiler)
4. Capture the Editor once, wait for a second for it to complete and capture the Editor again
5. Observe the crash
Expected result: Another memory snapshot is taken without any issues
Actual result: Editor crashes
Reproduced in: 2019.3.0a7 (With Memory Profiler version: 0.1.0-preview.6)
Not reproducible with: 2019.2.0b7, 2019.1.7f1, 2018.4.3f1 (With Memory Profiler version: 0.1.0-preview.6)
- Reproduces both when taking Player snapshots and Editor snapshots.
- Only reproduces after installing the package for the first time, for instance, if the package was installed and the Editor was immediately closed and reopened the crash no longer reproduces when taking memory snapshots.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- "Unknown managed type referenced" error is thrown on Play Mode enter with Profiler recording
- CapsuleCast from certain positions fails to detect a hit
- ShaderUtil.GetShaderData(shader).SubshaderCount does not count unsupported subshader
- GameObject.GetComponents returns the wrong number of components
- GUI button looks different from Editor in a Build