Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
Fixed in 2020.3.X, 2021.1.X, 2021.2.X
Editor crashes when exiting and keeping a tutorial project
How to reproduce:
1. Open Unity Hub and select the Learn tab
2. Open a new Karting Microgame project
3. Make sure there are no compiler errors
4. Press "Open scene" button the tutorial popup
5. Exit the Editor
6. In the popup window select the 'Keep' option
7. Select a folder that's on a different drive from the temp project folder
8. Noticed an error appears saying it failed to move the project folder to the specified destination directory. "Try Again" button just fails again, whereas "Force Quit" and "Cancel" buttons result in a crash and data loss.
To reproduce on any other version than 2020.3, you need to overwrite the project manifest with the one that is generated when a project is opened with Unity 20203.
Reproducible with: 2020.2.0a17, 2020.3.10f1, 2021.1.9f1, 2021.2.0a19
Could not test with: 2018.4.35f1, 2019.4.27f1 (not supported Microgame), 2020.2.0a16 (incompatible ml-agents)
- In some versions (2021.1.0a1, 2021.1.9f1, 2020.3.5f1) this error message appears: Force Quit pressed for Moving file failed: Moving C:/Users/[username]/AppData/Local/Temp/29c84209938fa1e4e86230e10c929e1d to [project path]: The operation completed successfully.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Editor redirects to a broken page when pressing question mark "?" in the Inspector window
- Editor directs to non-existent page when pressing "Learn more..." for Asset Pipeline
- "Cyclic Prefab nesting not supported" error window is thrown when trying to nest two sibling prefab variants
- Prefab copies are generated every frame and exceptions are thrown when its dragged into the Scene view
- "IndexOutOfRangeException" errors appear when entering Play Mode if using "AsDeferredJobArray"