Search Issue Tracker
Editor crashes on mono_traverse_object_internal when allocating memory
1. Open the project from the attached google drive link
2. Go to Assets/Scenes/"DocumentationScene"
3. Go to Jobs > Burst > untick Enable Compilation
4. Enter Play mode and exit Play mode
5. Repeat the 4th step until a crash happens.
Reproducible with: 2020.3.14f1, 2021.1.15f1
Could not test with: 2018.4.36f1, 2019.4.29f1, 2021.2.0b4, 2022.1.0a2 (Due to variuos project errors)
First lines of the stack trace:
0x00007ffa8cf8d9e1 (mono-2.0-bdwgc) [unity-liveness.c:280] mono_traverse_object_internal
0x00007ffa8cf8e179 (mono-2.0-bdwgc) [unity-liveness.c:478] mono_unity_liveness_calculation_from_statics
0x00007ff6291dc7d8 (Unity) GarbageCollectSharedAssets
0x00007ff6292173a6 (Unity) UnloadUnusedAssetsOperation::IntegrateMainThread
0x00007ff62921a8c6 (Unity) PreloadManager::UpdatePreloadingSingleStep
-The crash usually happens after repeating the 4th step about 30 times, however, it can happen after 5-10 times as well
-Going to UIViewBehavior.cs and swapping the commented lines will result in using the Precompiled version of this code and the crash does not occur.
-If Burst is not disabled, then the crash will not occur. However, if the project is opened with an already enabled Burst and then disabling it, the crash will not occur.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Nested checked Menu items return incorrect values when the checking function button is not at the same level
- [VFX Graph] Subgraph error message does not re-appear after reload until graph is dirty
- [VFX Graph] When saving graph with a shortcut (CTRL +S) in graph error does not appear until graph is dirty
- [Android][IL2CPP] Player of a specific project crashes when launching it
- [Android] Keyboard gets hidden when the input field area is clicked and TouchScreenKeyboard.hideInput is set to true