Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.3.X
Editor crashes at ValidateSubmenu when clicking on Editor's toolbar
Steps to reproduce:
1. Download attached project
2. Click on "File" drop-down menu in the toolbar
3. Editor crashes
If Editor didn't crashed
4. Enter play mode.
5. Click on "File" drop-down menu in the toolbar
Actual results: Editor crashes when clicking on "File" drop-down menu in the toolbar.
Reproduced with: 2018.1.0b11, 2018.1.0f2
Not reproducible with: 2018.2.0b4
Reproduced on: Bootcamped Macbook Pro, Surface Pro 2, Surface Pro 3
Fixed in 2018.3.0a9
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Shader Graph and the Visual Effects Graph scroll unreasonably fast on OSX
- [Android 4.4] Player crashes at splash screen when building with Frame Timing Stats enabled in the Player Settings
- VisualElement’s auto width is incorrect when the element’s parent has a set width
- Black and white flickering when using two Full Screen Pass Renderer Features
- [Audio] Microphone API latency and audio distortions appear after recording
Jun 12, 2018 15:06
This happens in 2017.4.4f1 and 2017.4.5f1.
Long Term Support releases. How can we surface this for a fix in those versions?
========== OUTPUTING STACK TRACE ==================
0x0000000141402E16 (Unity) ValidateSubmenu
0x00000001413FFB35 (Unity) ContainerWindow::ContainerWndProc
0x00007FFF41C16CC1 (USER32) CallWindowProcW
0x00007FFF41C1699C (USER32) CallWindowProcW
0x00007FFF41C20453 (USER32) IsWindowVisible
0x00007FFF4291DCA4 (ntdll) KiUserCallbackDispatcher
0x00007FFF3ECA12A4 (win32u) NtUserTranslateAccelerator
0x00007FFF41C7A095 (USER32) TranslateAccelerator
0x0000000141413957 (Unity) MainMessageLoop
0x00000001414152EC (Unity) WinMain
0x0000000141E6BC98 (Unity) __tmainCRTStartup
0x00007FFF41733034 (KERNEL32) BaseThreadInitThunk
0x00007FFF428F1551 (ntdll) RtlUserThreadStart
========== END OF STACKTRACE ===========
May 16, 2018 21:11
First seen in 2017.4.1 for me. Still a problem in 2018. Our environment artist lost quite a lot of work today!
May 15, 2018 13:52
I also have this occur in 2017.4.2 and 2017.4.3