Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
[DX12] crash when TexturesD3D12::RegisterNativeTexture is called with resource that has *_TYPELESS format
### Repro steps ###
1. Use changeset 1e2674f03162
2. Open D3D12Crash project
3. Attach D3D12Crash.cs to camera
4. Enter play mode
5. Press k
Expected behavior: It's not suppose to crash, should at least display a error message.
Actual behavior: Editor crashes.
### Source of the problem ###
It looks like crash only occurs when the resource has format that is *_TYPELESS and not with other formats. We try to create a SRV by using *_TYPELESS format (which obviously fails) and is most likely the cause of this crash.
This issue is similar to already existing case on DX11:
### Scope ###
The bug seems to be only reproducible with DX12 and not with other backends
This behavior can be observed in both standalone and editor.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Set as first/last sibling is not working when using Menu Bar
- [Hololens 2] GameObjects with an ARAnchor attached are deleted when disabled
- AvatarBuilder.BuildHumanAvatar() is unable to find Transform when entering Play Mode
- Trying to read mesh produces "Reading UV coordinates of mesh "" failed. Only float32 format is supported." error
- Reload Script Assemblies never load when entering debug mode