Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
[DX12] crash when TexturesD3D12::RegisterNativeTexture is called with resource that has *_TYPELESS format
### Repro steps ###
1. Use changeset 1e2674f03162
2. Open D3D12Crash project
3. Attach D3D12Crash.cs to camera
4. Enter play mode
5. Press k
Expected behavior: It's not suppose to crash, should at least display a error message.
Actual behavior: Editor crashes.
### Source of the problem ###
It looks like crash only occurs when the resource has format that is *_TYPELESS and not with other formats. We try to create a SRV by using *_TYPELESS format (which obviously fails) and is most likely the cause of this crash.
This issue is similar to already existing case on DX11:
### Scope ###
The bug seems to be only reproducible with DX12 and not with other backends
This behavior can be observed in both standalone and editor.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- URP Particle SimpleLit is missing #pragma multi_compile _ LIGHTMAP_SHADOW_MIXING
- Full screen renderer feature does not work with stencil
- Glob function isn't working with TextureImporter in Preset Manager
- [HDRP] New project has unsaved changes when creating a project from HDRP templates
- Some pixels fail to render when using Depth Priming