Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.3.X, 2021.1.X
Duplicating a Prefab instance in the Scene will cause instances of the same Prefab to be disabled and re-enabled
How to reproduce:
1. Open the user's attached "copy.zip" project
2. Open the "SampleScene" Scene
3. Expand all the GameObjects in the Hierarchy window
4. Right-click on the "Cube(7)" GameObject
5. Press on the "Duplicate" menu item
6. Observe the Console log
Expected result: OnEnable function is called only for the newly created instance
Actual result: OnDisable and OnEnable functions are called for all GameObjects (including prefab instances) in the same transform hierarchy as the duplicated instance.
Reproducible with: 2018.4.26f1, 2019.4.8f1, 2020.1.2f1, 2020.2.0a20
- The issue is also reproducible if copy and paste shortcuts are pressed on the keyboard while the Prefab instance is still selected in the Hierarchy window, but doesn't reproduce if after copying the instance, it is unselected and then pasted
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Standard Unity Materials and Shaders become corrupted after importing specific Asset Packages
- [Linux][OpenGL][Vulkan] Draw calls are not shown in the Event List when taking a capture of a frame with RenderDoc
- Inaccurate collision detections when Rigidbody Collision Detection is set to "Continuous" or "Continuous Dynamic"
- Crash on Object::IncrementPersistentDirtyIndex when upgrading project version
- [iOS] Multiple Xcode project instances created before opens up when performing Build and Run for iOS Platform