Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.2.X
Duplicate in 2021.3.X
Duplicate Unlit Particle System draw calls can't be batched when there are multiple Lights in the Scene
1. Open the user's attached "UnlitBatchingRepro.zip" project
2. Open the "BatchBroken" Scene
3. Enter Play mode
4. Open the Frame Debugger (Window > Analysis > Frame Debugger)
5. Enable Frame Debugging
6. Select the "Particle System (1)" draw call
7. Observe the panel to the right of the draw call list
Expected result: The draw call is batched, no such message as "objects are affected by different forward lights"
Actual result: A message says that this draw call can't be batched with the previous one because "objects are affected by different forward lights"
Reproducible with: 2019.4.36f1, 2020.3.29f1, 2021.2.12f1, 2022.1.0b8, 2022.2.0a5
- Reproducible with Realtime, Mixed, and Baked Lights with the Built-in RP
- Does not seem to happen in either Universal RP or HDRP
- Tested with macOS
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Sahder errors in Player when "Strict shader variant matching" is enabled and the rendering path is set to "Deferred"
- NullReferenceExceptions are being thrown when saving a ScriptableObject with an array of a type with a CustomPropertyDrawer that uses TrackPropertyValue
- Applied velocity is inconsistent when using Rigidbody AddForce() with ForceMode.VelocityChange
- Crash on AudioUtil_CUSTOM_HasAudioCallback when exiting Play Mode while the Inspector is displaying a GameObject with an empty script attached
- Scroll offset is framerate-dependent when scrolling with velocity in the Device Simulator