Search Issue Tracker
Dragging and dropping an animation with ' . ' symbol in the name into the Animation Controller results in blank or cut off name
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached "Repro1190930.zip" project
2. Double click on "New Animator Controller" Animation Controller
3. Drag and drop "123456h78.9ABCDE.Fhhllllhhh.anim" into the controller
4. Observe the Animation's name in the Animation Controller
Expected Behaviour: The Name is the same as in the Project Window
Actual Behaviour: The Name is either Blank or Cut off where the first ' . ' is found
Reproducible with: 2017.4.33f1, 2018.4.12f1, 2019.2.11f1, 2019.3.0b9, 2020.1.0a11
Note: Sometimes ' . ' symbol is changed to '_'. However, it does not work every time. Also, if you try to add for eg. '/' to the animation name it tells you that it is not possible and shows forbidden characters - it is not the case with ' . '.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Inaccurate collision detections when Rigidbody Collision Detection is set to "Continuous" or "Continuous Dynamic"
- Crash on Object::IncrementPersistentDirtyIndex when upgrading project version
- [iOS] Multiple Xcode project instances created before opens up when performing Build and Run for iOS Platform
- IL2CPP Player crash on memset in VCRUNTIME140D when selecting UI GameObject
- [BiRP] GetScriptableCullingParameters() uses the wrong projection matrix when rendering two forward+ passes in XR