Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.3.31f1, 2022.3.11f1, 2023.1.14f1, 2023.2.0b10, 2023.3.0a3
Dragging a file to the root Assets directory of a project causes large allocations and a long hang which can lead to a OOM crash
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open the attached user's project "EmptyDirectoryProject.zip"
2. Locate "NewUnlitShader" under "Assets/prefabs/effects/bloodNew/shaders/NewUnlitShader.shader"
3. Drag the file to the Assets project root directory in the Project Windows
4. Observe the hang that will either persist or lead to a OOM crash
Expected results: The file instantly moves, no/limited allocation overhead
Actual results: Large allocations and long hangs occur or OOM crash occurs
Reproducible in: 2021.3.28f1, 2022.3.6f1, 2023.1.5f1, 2023.2.0b2, 2023.3.0a1
Environment tested on: Windows 10
-Customer suspects it's due to DragAndDropForwarding::AddItemsFromTargetPath iterating over every file in the project when a file is dropped in the root directory
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- A vertical graphical artifact appears on Android Player when clearing Z & Stencil Buffer and running with OpenGLES3 Graphics API
- Player crashes when built with IL2CPP Scripting backend
- TextMeshPro package throws multiple Shader errors when importing TMP Essential Resources
- Package Manager search text field has no validation and leads to Editor freezes
- PlayerLoop.SetPlayerLoop() function is ignored when playing game in Player