Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Fixed in 2021.1.X
[Device Simulator] When render outside safe area is disabled, rendered part in Device Simulator doesn't match real devices
How to reproduce:
1. Create a new project
2. Switch game view to Device Simulator
3. Select a device which has a notch, like Samsung S10e
4. Go to Player Settings > Android > Resolution and Presentation
5. Disable "Render outside safe area"
6. Keep "Start in fullscreen mode" enabled
7. Play the scene
Actual result: everything is rendered
Expected result: the area where is notch shouldn't be rendered
8. Disable "Start in fullscreen mode"
9. Play the scene
Actual result: after rendering around notch is fixed when running in windowed mode, notch area is rendered
Expected result: the area where is notch shouldn't be rendered (navigation bar is not rendered and that works correctly)
Reproducible: 2020.1.17f1.4949, 2020.2.7f1.4104, 2021.1.0f1.2163, 2021.2.0a10.1508
Tested using Device Simulator package 2.2.4-preview and Device Simulator whic is in coreh
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- OnActiveBuildTargetChanged is not called when changing the build platform
- Silent crash when scripts are recompiled on a specific project
- [Android] Video freezes when built for Android with specific project
- UI element is not displayed when Canvas Render Mode is set to Screen Space-Overlay
- Editor crashes on libetc_init when changing WebGL Texture Format to "RGB + 1-bit Alpha Compressed ETC2 4 bits"