Search Issue Tracker
Depth-only RenderTexture allocates too much GPU memory on D3D11 and D3D12
How to reproduce:
1. Open attached project "d3d-depth-only-rt-overallocates.zip" and scene "SampleScene"
2. Enter Play mode
3. Launch "Windows Sysinternals Process Explorer" (an external tool for monitoring windows)
4. Double Click the unity process to open its properties
5. Go to GPU Graph tab
6. Observe/monitor "Committed GPU Memory"
Expected Result: we should be 4096x4096x10 rt x 4 bytes = ~670 MB (or 500 MB if 3 bytes per pixel).
Actual Result: around 1000MB
Reproducible with: 2017.4.32f1, 2018.4.10f1, 2019.2.7f2, 2019.3.0b4, 2020.1.0a5
On D3D11, the allocation is twice the expected amount. It's much worse on D3D12.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Android] Can't relocate the caret in Input Fields when Hide Mobile Input option is being used
- Multiple Edge Colliders 2D can be edited at the same time, every Edge Collider's "Edit Collider" button is highlighted
- Crash on SceneVisibilityState when trying to open a project containing another project in the Assets folder
- Reflection probe bounces don't work when Rendering Path is set to 'Deferred'
- Shader error undeclared identifier "UNITY_TRANSFER_LIGHTING" when building project