Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.4.0
Deleting large number of objects crashes Unity at UndoBase::DetermineUndoType
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open attached project "785775.zip"
2. Open scene "BootScene"
3. In hierarchy, notice "wand_gateway" object
4. Expand "wand_gateway" and then expand its child "Bonuses" game object
5. Notice a large number of child game objects
6. Re-select "wand_gateway" and delete it
Note: Sometimes error "Failed to create Object Undo, because the action is too large. Clearing undo buffer" is printed instead of the crash
Workaround: Delete objects in smaller chunks
Not reproducible: 5.1.4f1 - Error about failing to create Object Undo is always printed
Reproducible: 5.2.4f1, 5.3.4p2, 5.4.0b13 - Unity crashes but occasionally previously mentioned error is printed
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Vulkan] Wrong aspect ratio in fullscreen of Standalone build when selected screen resolution is not native
- [iOS 12] [Metal] IOAF code 4 error freeze because of tessellation shader
- 'A tree couldn't be loaded because the prefab is missing' error is thrown when importing package with Terrain Asset with Trees
- [Mac] Crash on ioAccelResourceListAddNewGroupAndResource when importing a large COLLADA model
- Prefab referenced Game Object is not removed from the Scene files when the reference field gets deleted