Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.4.0
Deleting large number of objects crashes Unity at UndoBase::DetermineUndoType
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open attached project "785775.zip"
2. Open scene "BootScene"
3. In hierarchy, notice "wand_gateway" object
4. Expand "wand_gateway" and then expand its child "Bonuses" game object
5. Notice a large number of child game objects
6. Re-select "wand_gateway" and delete it
Note: Sometimes error "Failed to create Object Undo, because the action is too large. Clearing undo buffer" is printed instead of the crash
Workaround: Delete objects in smaller chunks
Not reproducible: 5.1.4f1 - Error about failing to create Object Undo is always printed
Reproducible: 5.2.4f1, 5.3.4p2, 5.4.0b13 - Unity crashes but occasionally previously mentioned error is printed
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Crash on Editor::Progress::ProgressManager::RemoveMainThread
- [Xcode12][Burst] iOS builds with Universal/ARMv7 architecture fail in Xcode 12 with New Build System when using burst
- Changing scale of Tree prefab instance (in scene) and then undo/redo changes the source prefab scale and all painted instances
- Material properties are not correctly setup when assigning a ShaderGraph to a newly created material
- [iOS] Device.generation returns "DeviceUnknown" with some devices