Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X
Current scene is not dirtied, other scenes are not updated when rearranging in-use sorting layers
1. Open attached project "SortingLayerUpdate.zip" and create a new scene
2. In Project window, select "Prefab"
3. In Inspector window, go to Sprite Renderer -> Sorting Layer -> Add Sorting Layer...
4. Create a new Sorting Layer
5. Slot the newly created Sorting Layer between the "3" and "4" layers
6. In the Sprite Renderer of the Prefab, set the Sorting Layer to the new Sorting Layer
7. Save the project to update the Prefab
8. Open "Third Scene"
9. You should see a check mark in a red box.
Expected: Check mark in a red box
Actual: Red box
Without the fix, selecting the 4th Layer GameObject, and disabling and enabling the Sorting Group will give the expected result
Using the user's project and reproduction steps should not result in any scene differences for Gameplay scene.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Errors appear when entering Play Mode if using AsDeferredJobArray()
- Animator with nested avatar root show missing properties in the Animation Window
- TerrainData.AwakeFromLoad takes around 13-19 ms after loading a Terrain from an asset bundle
- System.Threading.Task tasks cause stall when used in WebGL
- [Package Manager] Access denied when installing some packages