Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1
Fixed in 2019.4
Current scene is not dirtied, other scenes are not updated when rearranging in-use sorting layers
1. Open attached project "SortingLayerUpdate.zip" and create a new scene
2. In Project window, select "Prefab"
3. In Inspector window, go to Sprite Renderer -> Sorting Layer -> Add Sorting Layer...
4. Create a new Sorting Layer
5. Slot the newly created Sorting Layer between the "3" and "4" layers
6. In the Sprite Renderer of the Prefab, set the Sorting Layer to the new Sorting Layer
7. Save the project to update the Prefab
8. Open "Third Scene"
9. You should see a check mark in a red box.
Expected: Check mark in a red box
Actual: Red box
Without the fix, selecting the 4th Layer GameObject, and disabling and enabling the Sorting Group will give the expected result
Using the user's project and reproduction steps should not result in any scene differences for Gameplay scene.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Changes to instanced detail mesh material don't immediately apply
- Undo.RegisterObject or Undo.CreateObject dirties the scene, but no actual changes to Scene are made
- [Profiler] Scrubbing through filtered frames or sorting their data replaces the displayed data with duplicated data entries
- [UI Builder] It is possible to add content to parent document while editing child document in place
- EndChangeCheck is not triggered when clearing the IMGUI search field by pressing the "x" button