Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1
Fixed in 2019.4
Current scene is not dirtied, other scenes are not updated when rearranging in-use sorting layers
1. Open attached project "SortingLayerUpdate.zip" and create a new scene
2. In Project window, select "Prefab"
3. In Inspector window, go to Sprite Renderer -> Sorting Layer -> Add Sorting Layer...
4. Create a new Sorting Layer
5. Slot the newly created Sorting Layer between the "3" and "4" layers
6. In the Sprite Renderer of the Prefab, set the Sorting Layer to the new Sorting Layer
7. Save the project to update the Prefab
8. Open "Third Scene"
9. You should see a check mark in a red box.
Expected: Check mark in a red box
Actual: Red box
Without the fix, selecting the 4th Layer GameObject, and disabling and enabling the Sorting Group will give the expected result
Using the user's project and reproduction steps should not result in any scene differences for Gameplay scene.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- 'Can't add script' pop-up warns about abstract classes when dragging static classes onto GameObjects
- [Hub] Project "Remove from list" option is behind notifications when selecting the most bottom project in the list
- [Android][Vulkan] Black Screen renders on devices with Adreno 640 and Mali GPU's
- Sound/Audio is played when the VideoPlayer's attached AudioSource game object is disabled
- A Parser Failure error is thrown after importing a specific Animation file to a Unity project