Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X
Current scene is not dirtied, other scenes are not updated when rearranging in-use sorting layers
1. Open attached project "SortingLayerUpdate.zip" and create a new scene
2. In Project window, select "Prefab"
3. In Inspector window, go to Sprite Renderer -> Sorting Layer -> Add Sorting Layer...
4. Create a new Sorting Layer
5. Slot the newly created Sorting Layer between the "3" and "4" layers
6. In the Sprite Renderer of the Prefab, set the Sorting Layer to the new Sorting Layer
7. Save the project to update the Prefab
8. Open "Third Scene"
9. You should see a check mark in a red box.
Expected: Check mark in a red box
Actual: Red box
Without the fix, selecting the 4th Layer GameObject, and disabling and enabling the Sorting Group will give the expected result
Using the user's project and reproduction steps should not result in any scene differences for Gameplay scene.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Standard Unity Materials and Shaders become corrupted after importing specific Asset Packages
- [Linux][OpenGL][Vulkan] Draw calls are not shown in the Event List when taking a capture of a frame with RenderDoc
- Inaccurate collision detections when Rigidbody Collision Detection is set to "Continuous" or "Continuous Dynamic"
- Crash on Object::IncrementPersistentDirtyIndex when upgrading project version
- [iOS] Multiple Xcode project instances created before opens up when performing Build and Run for iOS Platform