Search Issue Tracker
CS0246 compilation error is thrown after compilation when a new file is added and referenced in the existing assemblies
How to reproduce:
0. Download and extract "ScriptableBuildPipelineBug.zip" (the ScriptableBuildPipelineBug.zip is the result of Case 1188509 steps, this is necessary)
1. Copy the files from `CompilationErrorFiles\After` and place them in `SampleProject\Assets\Scripts\Example`
2. Run `RunSample.cmd` and wait for it to finish. The build output will be logged to `BuildReport.log` next to the `cmd` file.
* View `BuildReport.cmd` and notice that the compiler output has been logged and a CS0246 error has been is mentioned.
* Also note that you can see the import of `ScriptB` occurs *after* this compilation step which is why it could not find the type.
3. Observe 'BuildReport.log' located in the same folder as the 'cmd' file
Expected result: CS0246 error is not present
Actual result: CS0246 error is present
Reproducible with: 2018.4.11f1, 2019.2.8f1, 2019.3.0b4, 2020.1.0a8
Could not test with: 2017.4.33f1 because Case 1188509 unable to test
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Texture Importer Inspector throws errors when a built-in texture inspector is overwritten in C#
- ArgumentOutOfRangeException error is thrown when selecting a message printed in the Console with specific string
- [macOS] VideoPlayer.clockTime gets stuck for a few frames when starting to play a video
- VideoPlayer.StepForward() does not VideoPlayer.OnFrameReady when using a non-transcoded video
- [Android] A few frames of audio is played when VideoPlayer.Prepare() is called with audio output mode set to Audio Source