Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2
Fixed in 2020.1
[GPU PLM] Crash with empty stacktrace when starting bake in the new scene after baking previous scene with GPU PLM
Steps to repro:
1. Open the attached project 'case_886275-Progressive_Lightmapper_Adventure_Game' and 'ProgressiveLightmappingExample' scene;
2. In the Lighting window select Clear Baked Data;
3. In the Lighting window set Lightmapper to Progressive CPU;
4. In the Lighting window press Generate Lighting button;
5. Wait until the Lighting is baked;
6. In the Lighting window change Lightmapper to Progressive GPU;
7. In the Lighting window press Generate Lighting button;
8. Wait until the Lighting is baked;
9. In the context menu select File>New Scene;
10. If the prompt menu appears, click Save;
11. When the new scene is opened in the Lighting window press Generate Lighting button.
Editor crashes. See attached video.
The stacktrace is empty.
Regression introduced in Version 2020.1.0.
Editor doesn't crash.
- Reproducible in 2020.2.0a10, 2020.1.0b7;
- Not reproducible in 2019.3.13f1;
- Reproducible on Windows with GeForce RTX 2080 GPU;
- Could not test on OSX, because the OS Kernel panic happens when trying to bake this repro project (known issue);
- Not reproducible in the URP sample scene, seems to be specific to the project;
- In Version 2020.1 the crash happens after opening the newly created scene as opposed to 2020.2, where it happens after baking the lighting of the newly created scene;
- The crash happens regardless on whether the Disable cookie support checkbox is enabled or disabled in the Project Settings;
- The crash is reproducible in 2020.1 almost in 100% of cases, while in 2020.2 it's reproducible much less often (preferrably in the Rebel Racing project, please use it as a repro in 2020.2).
- The crash might not repro everytime. If it doesn't happen try following additional steps:
12. Open 'ProgressiveLightmappingExample' scene;
13. Bake it with GPU Lightmapper;
14. Open the new scene via the context menu;
15. In the Lighting window press Generate Lighting button;
- Restart the Editor and repeat all the steps again (this seems to have the effect on the repro sometimes).
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Changes to instanced detail mesh material don't immediately apply
- Undo.RegisterObject or Undo.CreateObject dirties the scene, but no actual changes to Scene are made
- [Profiler] Scrubbing through filtered frames or sorting their data replaces the displayed data with duplicated data entries
- [UI Builder] It is possible to add content to parent document while editing child document in place
- EndChangeCheck is not triggered when clearing the IMGUI search field by pressing the "x" button