Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.6.0
Crash when a particle system is sub emitter of more than one other particle system
I'm hitting a crash any time I assign one particle system to be a sub emitter of more than one other system. I'm also seeing these warnings pop out when I do this which could be related:
Assertion failed on expression: 'count >= toIndex'
(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/ParticleSystem/ParticleSystem.cpp Line: 2853)
Assertion failed on expression: 'particles.array_size() == count'
(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/ParticleSystem/ParticleSystem.cpp Line: 2854)
I tried to repro this in 5.5 and it does not occur there. Reproduced in editor play mode as well as windows standalone.
Create 3 particle systems
in the sub-emitter of two of them assign the 3rd one to both
run (only seems to happen just after running, if you enable this during run no crash occurs)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Japanese diacritic symbols are missing from the build executable file when building the project
- [Hub] Tutorial Project summaries advise to set preferred Editor to 2019.1 when Hub 2.x does not have preferred Editor anymore
- Tilemap Collider 2D exists when tiles are being deleted
- Using Assert.Inconclusive in editmode stops the running test
- Overriding OnInspectorGUI without EditorGUILayout GetControlRect results in EditorGUI PropertyField invisible/clipped/collapsed