Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.6.0
Crash when a particle system is sub emitter of more than one other particle system
I'm hitting a crash any time I assign one particle system to be a sub emitter of more than one other system. I'm also seeing these warnings pop out when I do this which could be related:
Assertion failed on expression: 'count >= toIndex'
(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/ParticleSystem/ParticleSystem.cpp Line: 2853)
Assertion failed on expression: 'particles.array_size() == count'
(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/ParticleSystem/ParticleSystem.cpp Line: 2854)
I tried to repro this in 5.5 and it does not occur there. Reproduced in editor play mode as well as windows standalone.
Create 3 particle systems
in the sub-emitter of two of them assign the 3rd one to both
run (only seems to happen just after running, if you enable this during run no crash occurs)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Mobile] Player silently crashes on a mobile device when using a lot of "Camera" GameObjects (40 and more) in the Scene
- Scene is modified after exiting Play Mode when Graphics Compositor is enabled in HD RP
- Shortcuts inconsistently trigger when they have a conflict with the same Command
- On Script import/reimport MonoImporter does not generate consistent results due to updating Custom packages
- [Entities Graphics] Size of the Content Update generated folder increases when changes are made to the Scene