Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.6.0
Crash when a particle system is sub emitter of more than one other particle system
I'm hitting a crash any time I assign one particle system to be a sub emitter of more than one other system. I'm also seeing these warnings pop out when I do this which could be related:
Assertion failed on expression: 'count >= toIndex'
(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/ParticleSystem/ParticleSystem.cpp Line: 2853)
Assertion failed on expression: 'particles.array_size() == count'
(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/ParticleSystem/ParticleSystem.cpp Line: 2854)
I tried to repro this in 5.5 and it does not occur there. Reproduced in editor play mode as well as windows standalone.
Create 3 particle systems
in the sub-emitter of two of them assign the 3rd one to both
run (only seems to happen just after running, if you enable this during run no crash occurs)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- New animation clips are not imported correctly when re-importing a fbx file
- Editor freezes when recompiling scrips in Play Mode
- Shuriken particles depth offset is not working(has no affect) when 'Renderer Alignment' is set to 'View'
- [InputSystem] InputSystem is not initialized when run in `-batchmode`
- Assertion failed on expression: 'rs->textureID == realRS->textureID'