Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 5.6.0
Crash when a particle system is sub emitter of more than one other particle system
I'm hitting a crash any time I assign one particle system to be a sub emitter of more than one other system. I'm also seeing these warnings pop out when I do this which could be related:
Assertion failed on expression: 'count >= toIndex'
(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/ParticleSystem/ParticleSystem.cpp Line: 2853)
Assertion failed on expression: 'particles.array_size() == count'
(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/ParticleSystem/ParticleSystem.cpp Line: 2854)
I tried to repro this in 5.5 and it does not occur there. Reproduced in editor play mode as well as windows standalone.
Create 3 particle systems
in the sub-emitter of two of them assign the 3rd one to both
run (only seems to happen just after running, if you enable this during run no crash occurs)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Memory leaks and Editor crashes/freezes when using decimal values in Gizmos
- "The page you were looking for doesn't exist" message appears when trying to Sign in using Unity Hub/Editor
- [Regression] Enviroment lighting is broken in the 2017.4.27f1 version
- Usymtool does not support arm64e
- [Addressables] Exception is thrown when accessing AssetReference.Asset before the asset is loaded