Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.3.X
Crash upon exiting Unity
How to reproduce:
1. Open Unity
2. Load user-submitted project
3. Select 'W001_WaterWorld.unity'(alternatively 'R000_PresentationScene.unity') scene
4. Select any terrain polygon and edit it
5. Playtest the scene
6. Close Unity while also saving the project
Expected result: Unity saves changes and closes without errors or bug report window popping up.
Actual result: Unity saves changes but opens bug reporter window notifying the user that a crash has happened.
* Last 'editor.log' file entry: GetManagerFromContext: pointer to object of manager 'MonoManager' is NULL (table index 5)
* Sometimes terrain polygons will render as black sprites in both scene and game views. Playing the scene sometimes makes them render again
* Terrain polygon edit triggers crash most reliably though it can be achieved editing any scene item.
* In order to run the project on some Unity versions, one might be required to resolve some errors.
Reproducible with - 5.6.2f1, 5.6.4p3, 2017.1.0a1, 2017.1.2p3, 2017.2.0a1, 2017.2.0p2, 2017.3.0a1, 2017.3.0b9, 2018.1.0a3, 2018.1.0a4
Couldn't test on:
5.6.1f1 (Unresolvable errors in the project)
2018.1.0a1, 2018.1.0a2(Due to Editor crash while trying to play the scene)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Animation stops at the end of the transition duration when the Animator preview is played
- Imported FBX Models are not visible in the Scene or previewable in the Project files when the Parallel Import option is enabled
- Adding or removing assets to bundles will cause other assets to be rebuilt when BuildAssetBundleOptions.UseContentHash is used
- Prefab overrides cannot be obtained when Serialized via Property
- ScrollRect scrolls up when activating a GameObject with a ScrollRect and an InputField under specific conditions