Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.3
Crash upon exiting Unity
How to reproduce:
1. Open Unity
2. Load user-submitted project
3. Select 'W001_WaterWorld.unity'(alternatively 'R000_PresentationScene.unity') scene
4. Select any terrain polygon and edit it
5. Playtest the scene
6. Close Unity while also saving the project
Expected result: Unity saves changes and closes without errors or bug report window popping up.
Actual result: Unity saves changes but opens bug reporter window notifying the user that a crash has happened.
* Last 'editor.log' file entry: GetManagerFromContext: pointer to object of manager 'MonoManager' is NULL (table index 5)
* Sometimes terrain polygons will render as black sprites in both scene and game views. Playing the scene sometimes makes them render again
* Terrain polygon edit triggers crash most reliably though it can be achieved editing any scene item.
* In order to run the project on some Unity versions, one might be required to resolve some errors.
Reproducible with - 5.6.2f1, 5.6.4p3, 2017.1.0a1, 2017.1.2p3, 2017.2.0a1, 2017.2.0p2, 2017.3.0a1, 2017.3.0b9, 2018.1.0a3, 2018.1.0a4
Couldn't test on:
5.6.1f1 (Unresolvable errors in the project)
2018.1.0a1, 2018.1.0a2(Due to Editor crash while trying to play the scene)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Textures] CubemapArray API forces duplicate code because you cannot access individual cubemaps directly
- Duplicating a Prefab instance in the Scene will cause instances of the same Prefab to be disabled and re-enabled
- GUI.Button and GUILayout.Button stay in the normal GUIStyleState even when the normal GUIStyleState is changed to another one
- Particle System mesh UV coordinates change when mesh's geometry layout is changed on import
- [Windows] The Unity import progress is not shown in the Windows taskbar