Search Issue Tracker
[Crash] Unity and Windows hangs when changing size of any window inside Editor (on specific GPU with specific drivers)
Unity and Windows hangs when changing size of any window inside Editor
Seems connected to Case 582308
2) How can we reproduce it using the example you attached
1 Open Editor and create new project
2 Try to resize Inspector window by dragging left edge
see image1 and image2
5 Repeat step 4 10-15 times
Actual result: Unity and Windows hangs, in about 10 minutes you can work with Unity again, but Unity is very slow
Seems this is related to graphic drivers.
My laptop has 2 GPUs:
1 AMD Radeon HD 7730M
2 Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000
And this hang reproduces only when Unity uses AMD Radeon HD 7730M.
And steps seems simpler - just resize (by mouse) some window (Scene view) few times - and you can notice that Unity.exe process uses almost all available memory (6 GB)
On Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 it is not reproducible.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Custom fonts aren’t applied to TextMeshPro Text when using <font> tag
- Shader's _CameraDepthTexture is not read when the Camera is rendering to a RenderTexture and has a reduced viewport
- Crash on Rendering.ScriptableRenderContext:Submit_Internal_Injected when enabling a GameObject in scene
- Reloading domain while Audio Random Container window is hidden breaks the ability to remove clips
- Xcode is not found when launching Unity with only tvOS module