Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1.X
Fixed in 2020.2.X
Crash on ScheduleNavMeshDataUpdate when building NavMeshSurface while another GameObject is far away
How to reproduce:
1. Open attached project "Case_1231244" and load scene "SampleScene"
2. Press Play
Reproducible with: 2017.4.40f1, 2018.4.22f1, 2019.3.11f1, 2020.1.0b6, 2020.2.0a7
First lines of the stack trace:
0x00007ff61c24fb69 (Unity) ScheduleNavMeshDataUpdate
0x00007ff61c2509db (Unity) NavMeshBuildManager::UpdateNavMeshData
0x00007ff61c2be952 (Unity) NavMeshBuilder_CUSTOM_UpdateNavMeshDataListInternal_Injected
0x0000023cdfd49a1b (Mono JIT Code) (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.AI.NavMeshBuilder:UpdateNavMeshDataListInternal_Injected (UnityEngine.AI.NavMeshData,UnityEngine.AI.NavMeshBuildSettings&,object,UnityEngine.Bounds&)
0x0000023cdfd4996b (Mono JIT Code) UnityEngine.AI.NavMeshBuilder:UpdateNavMeshDataListInternal (UnityEngine.AI.NavMeshData,UnityEngine.AI.NavMeshBuildSettings,object,UnityEngine.Bounds)
Note: one GameObject is at (0, 0, 0), the NavMeshSurface is at (-2147484000, -0.5f, -2147484000)
Nov 11, 2020 10:24
The crash happens when some of the geometry objects used for building the NavMesh are very far away from the origin.
To avoid the crash make sure to not feed to the NavMeshBuilder any RenderMeshes or physics Colliders that are unnecessarily far away.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Sprite Preview is broken when the Sprite is too tall or too wide
- Objects are invisible in Scene view when using Wireframe Shading Mode
- The property of a component becomes read-only when it is bound to "PropertyStreamHandle"
- Physics.Raycast does not work when used on the whole model
- Shader Graph changes the Position of Prefab instances in Play mode
Resolution Note (fix version 2021.1):
Fixed in: 2021.1.0a3
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.2):
Fixed in: 2020.2.0b12