Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2018.2
Crash on Rigidbody::CleanupInternal on disabling GameObject with Rigidbody and Wheel Collider components
The crash appears only if both parent and child GameObjects have a Wheel Collider component and the parent GameObject has a Rigidbody component which is positioned before Wheel Collider component in the Inspector window.
1. Open Unity editor and create a new project
2. In the Hierarchy window create an empty GameObject (will be called parent GameObject for clarity)
3. Add Rigidbody component to the parent GameObject
4. Add Wheel Collider component to the parent GameObject
5. In the Hierarchy create an empty GameObject as a child to the parent GameObject
6. Add Wheel Collider component to the child GameObject
7. Save the scene
8. In the Inspector window disable parent GameObject
Actual result: Editor crashes
Expected result: Parent GameObject is disabled
Reproducible with: 5.5.5p2, 5.6.4p4, 2017.1.2p4, 2017.2.1f1, 2017.3.0f2, 2018.1.0a7
As a workaround in the Inspector window move parent Gameobject's Wheel Collider above its Rigidbody component
Fixed in: 2018.2.0a8
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [LWRP][ARKit] Camera feed is not seen when using LWRP on iOS devices
- One Input axis does not work after using Input.ResetInputAxes() while both axes are held down
- [UWP] Build fails when the project folder name has non-ascii character.
- Prefab Asset changes are not reflected inside Prefab Editor when Unity Editor is in the Play Mode
- [Audio] DSP Buffer Size sets to Best performance when pressing trying to set to default