Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
Crash on NVAPI_Thunk when importing of multiple Maya files finishes with HDRP + DXR
How to reproduce:
1. Open project "Case_1228854" from the attached link
2. In the Project Window open the folder "previs"
3. Select all Assets in the folder, right-click them and click on "Reimport"
4. After they finish reimporting, reimport them again
Reproducible with: 7.2.0 (2020.2.0a7), 7.3.1 (2020.2.0a7), 8.0.1 (2020.1.0b5, 2020.2.0a7), preview.13 - 9.0.0 (2020.1.0b5, 2020.2.0a7)
Not reproducible with: 7.1.8 (2020.2.0a7), 7.3.1 (2019.3.7f1)
Could not test with: 2017.4.39f1 (Package manager not available), 2018.4.21f1 (HDRP not available in Package Manager)
First lines of the Stack trace:
0x00007FFEB49A59DC (nvwgf2umx) NVAPI_Thunk
0x00007FFEB4B846F7 (nvwgf2umx) NVAPI_Thunk
0x00007FFEB40C33CC (nvwgf2umx) OpenAdapter12
0x00007FFE92073C3A (d3d12) D3D12PIXReportCounter
0x00007FF6D0770049 (Unity) GfxTaskExecutorD3D12::UnmapTiledSubresource
0x00007FF6D0789DFA (Unity) TiledTextureManager::CheckMemoryBudgetAndUpdateTiledResources
1. Only reproduces with HDRP + DXR
2. Importing the entire folder seems to not reproduce the issue
3. Sometimes the issue does not reproduce, reimporting again, or reopening the project makes the issue reproduce again
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Filters dropdown: Window doesn't rescale on items collapse
- Sprite Preview is broken when the Sprite is too tall or too wide
- Objects are invisible in Scene view when using Wireframe Shading Mode
- The property of a component becomes read-only when it is bound to "PropertyStreamHandle"
- Physics.Raycast does not work when used on the whole model
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.2):
Fixed in: 2020.2.0a20
2020.1 and older have a memory usage spike when importing assets with DX12. Newer 2020.2 and above don't have this issue.