Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.4.X, 2019.4.X, 2020.2.X
Crash on D3D12SwapChain::CreateHWND when CreateSwapChainForHwnd returns E_INVALIDARG
1. Open user's attached project "vfxgraphcrash"
Reproducible with: 2017.4.37f1, 2018.4.18f1, 2019.3.4f1, 2020.1.0b1, 2020.2.0a2
Radeon™ Pro WX 9100
Reproducible with drivers: 18.50.02
Not reproducible with drivers: 19.Q4.1
0x00007FF79438B98C (Unity) D3D12SwapChain::CreateHWND
0x00007FF794388280 (Unity) D3D12Window::D3D12Window
0x00007FF7943B4DAF (Unity) GfxDeviceD3D12Base::CreateGfxWindow
0x00007FF79440FD61 (Unity) GfxDeviceWorker::RunCommand
0x00007FF794412D0C (Unity) GfxDeviceWorker::RunExt
0x00007FF7944130F8 (Unity) GfxDeviceWorker::RunGfxDeviceWorker
0x00007FF7952A1983 (Unity) Thread::RunThreadWrapper
0x00007FF970437BD4 (KERNEL32) BaseThreadInitThunk
0x00007FF97058CED1 (ntdll) RtlUserThreadStart
Sep 29, 2020 05:18
This crash still exists with the 20.9.1 AMD Driver. I have a AMD Radeon RX 580.
But I confirm the message from "CHRISTIANSCHL".
The crash doesn't happen if the settings is set to Standard !
Jul 27, 2020 10:47
Direct3D 12 don't support creating MSAA swap chains--attempts to create a swap chain with SampleDesc.Count > 1 will fail
Still exists in 2020.1f1
Mar 19, 2020 11:50
It exists on Linux (Manjaro) with Mesa drivers for Radeon RX 580 on Unity 2019.3.3f1.
Mar 15, 2020 06:42
AMD Radeon RX 580
Had same issue after updating Radeon driver.
Crash doesn't happen if settings in Radeon Software -> Performance -> Advisors is set to Standard.
Can reproduce crash by using Gaming or eSports settings.
Mar 09, 2020 11:08
its still exists with 20.2.2. AMD driver (with AMD RADEON 480)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Linux] Editor assertion causes Test Runner to fail when executing it in Batch Mode
- Color selection by the mouse cursor is still enabled when the "Esc" button is pressed
- Game view becomes black and the Scene window becomes grey, “ArgumentOutOfRangeException” errors and “Render Pipeline error” warnings appear after changing the name or deleting URP/HDRP global settings file
- Transform Component is not accessible inside the Player when RuntimeInitializeOnLoadMethod is used
- [Linux][Plastic SCM] Unity Version Control window text is replaced by the key names of the labels and buttons
Fixed by AMD and no longer reproducible with their newest drivers (20.Q3.1)