Search Issue Tracker
Crash on ComputeShader::SetValueParam when opening a certain Scene
1. Open the user's attached project
2. Delete the 'Library/ShaderCache' folder
3. Replace the manifest.json file in the project with the attached 'manifest_to_be_replaced'
4. Open the 'MainLevel_Menu' Scene
5. Observe a crash
Reproducible with: 2022.2.0a10, 2022.2.0a15
Not reproducible with: 2019.4.39f1, 2020.3.34f1, 2021.3.3f1, 2022.1.2f1, 2022.2.0a9
Reproduced on: macOS 11.6 (Intel)
Note: changing URP and Visual Effect Graph packages separately doesn't cause the issue
First lines of the stack trace:
#0 0x000001104923d3 in ComputeShader::SetValueParam(ShaderLab::FastPropertyName const&, int, void const*)
#1 0x0000011108808e in VFXManager::ZeroInitializeBuffer(GraphicsBuffer*, unsigned int, unsigned int, bool)
#2 0x0000011105989c in VFXParticleSystem::InitBuffers()
#3 0x000001110599da in VFXParticleSystem::Init()
#4 0x00000111093702 in VisualEffect::InitData(VFXPropertySheetSerializedComponent const&, bool)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Input Field ignores first keyboard input when calling Focus() from code
- GC Alloc when using Graphics.RenderMeshInstanced
- [VFX Graph][URP] VFX crashes on URP when dragging VFX asset to the Hierarchy window
- InvalidOperationException when using AsyncGPUReadback.RequestIntoNativeArray
- Generated Entities look different when Depth Priming Mode is changed
Cannot reproduce the issue.
Note that the project contains some custom packages that are not available in the uploaded .zip.