Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
Crash on MemoryManager::GetAllocator or an error ''changeType != Destroy' is thrown when performing Undo/ Redo
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project (SubAssetUndoRedo.zip)
2. Right-click in the Project window and select Create -> Container Asset
3. Select the newly created Container Asset
4. In the top menu bar click 'Test' -> 'Add SubAsset to selected ContainerAsset'
5. Press Undo (Ctrl + Z) to remove the SubAsset
6. Press Redo (Ctrl + Y) to add the SubAsset
7. In the Project window select the created SubAsset
8. In the top menu bar click 'Test' -> 'Remove SubAsset to selected ContainerAsset'
9. Press Undo 3 times
10. Press Redo 2 times
Expected result: the Undo and Redo functions do not cause a crash or any exceptions
Actual result: the Editor crashes (2018.4, 2019.4, 2020.1) or performs the Undo/ Redo but throws the error 'Assertion failed on expression: 'changeType != Destroy' (2020.2, 2021.1)
Reproducible with: 2018.4.30f1, 2019.4.17f1, 2020.1.17f1, 2020.2.1f1, 2021.1.0a9
First lines of the stack trace:
0x00007FF7B229FED6 (Unity) MemoryManager::GetAllocator
0x00007FF7B229C1E7 (Unity) MemoryManager::Allocate
0x00007FF7B22B16AC (Unity) malloc_internal
0x00007FF7B041C45E (Unity) core::StringStorageDefault<char>::allocate
- These errors are thrown in step 10 after Redo is done 1 time: Assertion failed on expression: '!pathName.empty()' and Assertion failed on expression: 'm_PreventLoadingFromFile != nameSpaceID'
- The crash seems to no longer occur and the 'changeType != Destroy' error is thrown since 2020.2.0a17
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Lighting Data asset is not created when baking multiple Scenes at the same time
- Performance issues when instantiating a recognizer under UnityEngine.Windows.Speech
- Build fails with "Exception: Unity.IL2CPP.Building.BuilderFailedException: Build failed with 0 successful nodes and 0 failed ones" when building the project for iOS
- [Android] .aab Build fails when using Asset Bundles
- Builds fail without a useful error message when building a project with invalid product name