Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.1.X, 2020.2.X
[GPU PLM] Crash in Enlighten::CpuUpdateManager::UpdateGpuTexture when starting GI bake after baking previous scene with GPU PLM
Steps to repro:
1. Open the attached project 'case_886275-Progressive_Lightmapper_Adventure_Game' and 'ProgressiveLightmappingExample' scene;
2. In the Lighting window select Clear Baked Data;
3. In the Lighting window set Lightmapper to Progressive CPU;
4. In the Lighting window press Generate Lighting button;
5. Wait until the Lighting is baked;
6. In the Lighting window change Lightmapper to Progressive GPU;
7. In the Lighting window press Generate Lighting button;
8. Wait until the Lighting is baked;
9. In the context menu select File>New Scene;
10. If the prompt menu appears, click Save;
11. When the new scene is opened in the Lighting window press Generate Lighting button.
Editor crashes. See attached video.
Last calls from the stacktrace:
0x00007ff6c45f09e1 (Unity) Enlighten::CpuUpdateManager::UpdateGpuTextures
0x00007ff6c45f02c6 (Unity) Enlighten::CpuUpdateManager::Update
0x00007ff6c0935e19 (Unity) EnlightenRuntimeManager::Update
0x00007ff6c335249d (Unity) gi::PostUpdate
0x00007ff6c337e2f0 (Unity) GISceneManager::Update
Regression introduced in Version 2019.1.0.
Editor doesn't crash.
- Reproducible in 2020.2.0a013, 2020.1.0b9, 2019.3.15f1, 2019.2.21f1, 2019.1.14f1;
- Not reproducible in Version 2018.4.23f1;
- Reproducible on Windows 10;
- This case was masked under the case 1244384; it's still reproducible now when 1244384 is fixed;
- Only reproducible when Realtime GI is enabled together with the Baked GI.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Framedebugger: compute shader ints showing up in Float section with wrong value
- Unity Editor process remains running after closing Editor
- Animation is not mirrored when toggling the 'Mirror animation' option in Blend Tree
- OnApplicationPause pauseStatus is incorrect after losing focus on macOS
- "Image invalid format!" Error is thrown when Generating Lights on Vulkan Graphics API and Android Build target