Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.1.X, 2020.2.X
[GPU PLM] Crash in Enlighten::CpuUpdateManager::UpdateGpuTexture when starting GI bake after baking previous scene with GPU PLM
Steps to repro:
1. Open the attached project 'case_886275-Progressive_Lightmapper_Adventure_Game' and 'ProgressiveLightmappingExample' scene;
2. In the Lighting window select Clear Baked Data;
3. In the Lighting window set Lightmapper to Progressive CPU;
4. In the Lighting window press Generate Lighting button;
5. Wait until the Lighting is baked;
6. In the Lighting window change Lightmapper to Progressive GPU;
7. In the Lighting window press Generate Lighting button;
8. Wait until the Lighting is baked;
9. In the context menu select File>New Scene;
10. If the prompt menu appears, click Save;
11. When the new scene is opened in the Lighting window press Generate Lighting button.
Editor crashes. See attached video.
Last calls from the stacktrace:
0x00007ff6c45f09e1 (Unity) Enlighten::CpuUpdateManager::UpdateGpuTextures
0x00007ff6c45f02c6 (Unity) Enlighten::CpuUpdateManager::Update
0x00007ff6c0935e19 (Unity) EnlightenRuntimeManager::Update
0x00007ff6c335249d (Unity) gi::PostUpdate
0x00007ff6c337e2f0 (Unity) GISceneManager::Update
Regression introduced in Version 2019.1.0.
Editor doesn't crash.
- Reproducible in 2020.2.0a013, 2020.1.0b9, 2019.3.15f1, 2019.2.21f1, 2019.1.14f1;
- Not reproducible in Version 2018.4.23f1;
- Reproducible on Windows 10;
- This case was masked under the case 1244384; it's still reproducible now when 1244384 is fixed;
- Only reproducible when Realtime GI is enabled together with the Baked GI.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Long Prefab save times when using Unity 2022.2 and higher
- Console displays error "UnityException: Creating asset at path Assets/Scenes/ .scenetemplate failed." during scene template saving
- "Development Build" watermark is shown in non-development UWP release builds
- Console errors appear when the Inspector is set to Debug and a GameObject is selected
- A script public variable value is not used when set in the Inspector window