Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.4.0
[Crash] Dragging a Prefab from one scene and dropping onto another scene crashed unity
Steps to repro:
- Launch the attached project
- Load the placeholder scene from the scenes folder
- Now add the Zone1 scene additively
- Expand Zone1 and drag and drop the Fox_model GO to the placeholder scene
Unity crashes with the following stacktrace
Launching bug reporter
Obtained 55 stack frames.
#0 0x000001019a3d37 in DetectCrossSceneReferencesAndPrintWarnings(UnityScene*)
#1 0x00000101a5850e in DragAndDropForwarding::ForwardDragAndDrop(Object*, DragAndDropForwarding::DragInfo*)
#2 0x000001024a8c7e in InternalEditorUtility_CUSTOM_HierarchyWindowDrag(MonoObject*, unsigned char, HierarchyDropMode)
#3 0x0000010b6f0c75 in (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEditorInternal.InternalEditorUtility:HierarchyWindowDrag (UnityEditor.HierarchyProperty,bool,UnityEditorInternal.InternalEditorUtility/HierarchyDropMode) + 0xa5 (0x10b6f0bd0 0x10b6f0ca4) [0x10ef47990 - Unity Child Domain]
#4 0x0000010b648c68 in UnityEditor.GameObjectsTreeViewDragging:DoDrag (UnityEditor.TreeViewItem,UnityEditor.TreeViewItem,bool,UnityEditor.TreeViewDragging/DropPosition) + 0x4e8 (0x10b648780 0x10b648c77) [0x10ef47990 - Unity Child Domain]
The crash does not happen on 5.3.1p2 and in 5.4.0b2. Seems to have been introduced after the crossreference check
Note this can be reproduced with a simple prefab instance that is not a root in the hierarchy. Drag that to another scene and it crashes
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Editor freezes when recompiling scrips in Play Mode
- Shuriken particles depth offset is not working(has no affect) when 'Renderer Alignment' is set to 'View'
- [InputSystem] InputSystem is not initialized when run in `-batchmode`
- Assertion failed on expression: 'rs->textureID == realRS->textureID'
- Asset path and filename is missing when warning about self-intersecting polygon is thrown