Search Issue Tracker
"ContextMenuItem" does not work in Derived Classes
1. Open "ContextMenuTest.zip" project
2. Open "SampleScene" scene
3. Select "First" GO
4. Right click on "Context Menu Test" -> "My Name" and "My Fred Name"
5. Notice "Import Name" and "Import Fred" Context Menu Options
6. Select "First Child" GO
7. Right click on "Context Menu Test Child" -> "My Name" and "My Fred Name"
8. Notice no "Import Name" and "Import Fred" Context Menu Options
Expected Result: "ContextMenuItem" works in Derived Classes
Actual Result: "ContextMenuItem" does not work in Derived Classes
Reproduced with: 2019.2.0a1, 2019.1.0a14, 2018.3.3f1, 2017.4.18f1,
We really appreciate your contribution to the Unity product. Thank you for reporting this issue. We take every case submitted to us seriously by investigating the impact on you, our customer, as well as the impact it may have on the engineering and experience of our product. This particular case has been investigated thoroughly and we have decided, in the interests of protecting the stability and features of Unity for users that rely upon the affected versions, to not address this issue, as changing this can result in regressions since others can expect this behavior.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Unable to find a corresponding location while using Partial classes/methods when debugging
- Crash in AnimatorOverrideController::GetOriginalClip when using an indexer operator to access an animation clip
- Import errors when converting from Blend to FBX
- [WebGL] In developer build method Mathf.CeilToInt() throws an exception
- [Tilemap] Visualization of the tile is created in another tile when quickly moving cursor after releasing left mouse button