Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2017.1
Console Window displays several error messages merged into one when they occur in long lines
When script contains compile errors in a line after 255 symbols, the error messages appear merged into one in the Console Window.
1. Open the attached project
2. Click on the error message (it is shown in the attached image1)
Desired outcome: All the compile errors that the script causes are displayed in separate error messages.
Actual result: All the compile errors that the script causes are displayed merged into one message.
Note: When there are compile errors in lines that are shorter than 255 symbols, these errors are displayed, but then the ones that cause compile errors in a line after 255 symbols do not ever appear (as shown in the attached image2).
Reproduced with 5.5.2f1, 5.5.3p1, 5.6.0b3, 5.6.0p2, 2017.1.0b1
Not reproduced with 5.4.0f3, 5.4.5p1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [macOS] Multi-Display only displays on a single screen
- Editor crashes after entering/exiting Play mode while having Tile Palette open and closing the Tile Palette window
- Anima2D + SpriteAtlas causes sprite to shrinking
- Skinned Mesh Renderer bounds offsets when applying optimize GO if bounds were predefined by user
- Editor crashes after clearing Blend Shapes with weights higher than 0