Search Issue Tracker
Found in [Package]
preview - 1.0.0
Console errors appear after upgrading New Input System Package to preview 1.0.0 when using Input Action Asset
1. Create a new Unity project
2. Install Input System preview - 0.9.6 through Package Manager
3. Create new Input Actions Asset ( Assets -> Create )
4. Double-click newly created asset, create a new Action Map, click "Save Asset"
5. With "New Controls.inputactions" (in Project window) selected check "Generate C# Class" in the Inspector and click "Apply"
6. Update Input System to preview - 1.0.0 through Package Manager
7. Observe the console
Expected result: no errors appear in the console
Actual result: "does not contain a definition and no accessible extension method accepting a first argument could be found" errors appear in the console
Reproduced with: 2019.2.10f1, 2019.3.0b7, 2020.1.0a9
Could not reproduce with: 2017.4.33f1 (no Package Manager), 2018.4.11f1, 2019.2.0a1 ("ugui" could not be found error), 2019.3.0a1 ("InputDeviceCharacteristics" could not be found error)
- also reproduced with Input System versions lower than preview - 0.9.6, what matters is that preview - 1.0.0 update is available
- a workaround would be to delete old version C# Class and generate a new one, after the package update
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Nested checked Menu items return incorrect values when the checking function button is not at the same level
- [VFX Graph] Subgraph error message does not re-appear after reload until graph is dirty
- [VFX Graph] When saving graph with a shortcut (CTRL +S) in graph error does not appear until graph is dirty
- [Android][IL2CPP] Player of a specific project crashes when launching it
- [Android] Keyboard gets hidden when the input field area is clicked and TouchScreenKeyboard.hideInput is set to true