Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.1.X
Fixed in 2018.3.X
Compute shader errors not being passed to inspector/console on Metal
Compute shader errors are not passed to inspector/console if all kernels fail on DX compiler errors on Mac (Metal).
Steps to repro:
- On Mac editor with Metal selected as the graphics API, create a new compute shader
- Make a syntax error in the shader
- See no errors coming in the inspector or console
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Sahder errors in Player when "Strict shader variant matching" is enabled and the rendering path is set to "Deferred"
- NullReferenceExceptions are being thrown when saving a ScriptableObject with an array of a type with a CustomPropertyDrawer that uses TrackPropertyValue
- Applied velocity is inconsistent when using Rigidbody AddForce() with ForceMode.VelocityChange
- Crash on AudioUtil_CUSTOM_HasAudioCallback when exiting Play Mode while the Inspector is displaying a GameObject with an empty script attached
- Scroll offset is framerate-dependent when scrolling with velocity in the Device Simulator