Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1.X
[CompilationPipeline] Project recompile and package changes takes a long time when Project includes a lot of packages
1. Open the user's attached project, or add attached "manifest.json" file to an empty project
2. Open Window > Analysis > Editor Iteration Profiler
3. Select "Enable" in Editor Iteration Profiler
4. Open Window > Analysis > Compilation Timeline
5. Press "Recompile", this just does a full recompile using CompilationPipeline.RequestScriptCompilation API
Expected result: Recompilation takes less than a minute
Actual result: Logged recompilation takes around a minute after that Editor becomes unresponsive for ~3-4 minutes while maintaining extremely high CPU and RAM usage (~80-90%)
Reproducible with: 2019.4.9f1, 2020.1.4f1, 2020.2.0b1
Couldn't test with: 2018.4 (errors after downgrade)
1. Using attached "manifest-2019.4.json", Editor freezes upon launch, takes all RAM memory, and needs to be ended using Task Manager - this issue is reported separately as case 1273659
2. Repro project doesn't have any assets but includes a lot of Unity Packages
Sep 10, 2021 13:08
For those affected by this, we are currently doing all package management through the manifest outside Unity, which avoids this bug. (2020.3.x LTS)
Compilation times are egregious (>4 minutes on simple projects).
Sep 18, 2020 02:23
It also affects third party packages.
Very slow, Import a package like peek takes 40 mins to finish.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- NullReferenceException error thrown when changing Scenes in Play Mode
- Crash on "'anonymous namespace'::ConvertFBXShapes" when importing an FBX file
- Crash on Transform::RemoveFromParent when Object.DestroyImmediate() is called on Transform
- [Linux] Player consumes more CPU resources when it is running in the background
- Save process is triggered every time when prefab property values are changed by dragging
Resolution Note (fix version 2021.1):
Fixed in 2021.1.0a7