Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2.7.0
Found in [Package]
Cinemachine Camera sometimes changes Lens Parameter from Orthographic Size to Field of View when duplicated
Reproduction steps (Cinemachine 2.2.0+):
1. Open attached project ("RandomCamera")
2. Create Instance of any single Cinemachine Camera(not a child and not a parent)
3. Make 100+ duplicates of the original Cinemachine Camera
4. Select any duplicate in Hierarchy window and enter and quit Playmode
5. Notice that majority but some Cameras have their setting changed
With Cinemachine 2.1.10: 2017.2.3p2, 2017.4.7f1, 2018.1.9f1, 2018.2.0f2, 2018.3.0a4
With Cinemachine 2.2.0 and 2.2.6: 2018.2.0b1, 2018.2.0f2, 2018.3.0a4
- Cinemachine 2.1.10 has repro only when duplicating child cameras
- Cinemachine 2.2.0 and 2.2.6 has repro when duplicating all Child cameras, and when duplicating single cameras by steps written above
Oct 11, 2021 19:02
I encounter this issue only with disabled vcams. It appears sometimes disabled vcams get into this state where you cannot see Orthographic Size in the Inspector. When I re-enable the vcam the Orthographic Size field returns and I can edit it again.
I am on Unity Version 2020.3.20f1.
May 26, 2021 20:21
This issue is not resolved. Starting a scene with a disabled orthographic camera will switch that camera to perspective when that camera is subsequently activated (Cinemachine 2.7.3).
Jul 05, 2020 14:29
Hi everyone, I found if you change the projection to Orthographic from
your original "Main Camera" in Hierarchy, then you can see the "Orthographic Size" appear in Lens of CM vcam1.
P.S. I'm learning Unity by Ruby's Adventures, too
Jan 29, 2020 01:25
I am Using Unity 2020.1.0a16.1913 and Cinemachine last version2.5.0 and this issue still continues. But I am not even duplicating cameras. Iam creating new one and trying to used the beahviour camera and its not working, its not even changing to the other camera and all cameras that are not the main virtual camera are with lens and not orthographic size, please do something.
Jan 25, 2020 19:49
I had the same issue when following the Ruby's Adventure tutorial. Turns out my Main Camera wasn't set to Orthographic projection, despite setting up the project for 2D. Simply changing this to orthographic made the Orthographic Size option return in the vcam. Not sure if this relates to other scenarios however.
Jan 12, 2020 15:07
Same issue, can't use cinemachine beacause of this bug!
Nov 08, 2019 10:28
Any fix or updates to this problem. Using Cinemachine 2.3.4 with Unity 2019.2.11.f1. Currently only seeing Field of View instead of Orthographic size when following Ruby's Adventure Tutorial Project.
Oct 14, 2019 19:46
I have this issue as well, but it is not happening when I create a copy, it happens when I create a brand new camera. I have no way to create an orthographic size camera because Unity only recognizes field of view under the Lens settings.
Aug 13, 2019 04:32
same here please fix this issue!
Feb 15, 2019 15:35
Same here...sometimes unity behaves as madharchod!
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Android] Text input field doesn't disappear when pressing "Enter" on the keyboard connected to a device and HideMobileInput is disabled
- WebGL Player flickers and logs warnings when viewport is resized and "Linear" Color Space is used
- Rigidbody recalculates its center of mass when moving its child Trigger Collider
- Sprites with different indexes than indicated in Text field of Label Inspector are being rendered
- VFX rendering a sphere when using a custom mesh
Resolution Note (fix version 2.7.0):
Inspector-only bug. Fixed by forcing an update of the lens type when inspector is displayed