Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.2.X
[Windows] Check for updates window does not appear on startup
Check for updates window does not appear on startup even if Check for updates checkbox is selected.
0. Precondition: in Editor Help -> Check for updates check checkbox Check for updates.
1. Open the Editor.
Actual result: Although I can see API request is sent once per hour or so, Check for updates window doesn't appear.
Expected result: Check for updates window should appear when the update is available.
Extended version of the expected result:
1. On first start up CheckForUpdate window should appear on startup of Editor if checkbox Check on update is set to True in registry. After that it’s being checked one a week.
2. If it’s the first installation of Unity - we set it to true.
3. If it’s not set - we show nothing.
Reproducible with: 2019.4.15f1, 2020.1.4f1, 2020.1.9f1
Not reproducible with: 2018.4.27f1, 2020.1.3f1
Could not test with: 2020.2.0b6, 2020.1.0a2 (alpha and beta versions are always reported as up to date)
-Sometimes the Unity Editor Update Check window opens on startup but doesn't load and remains black. This generates a lot of errors
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Standard Unity Materials and Shaders become corrupted after importing specific Asset Packages
- [Linux][OpenGL][Vulkan] Draw calls are not shown in the Event List when taking a capture of a frame with RenderDoc
- Inaccurate collision detections when Rigidbody Collision Detection is set to "Continuous" or "Continuous Dynamic"
- Crash on Object::IncrementPersistentDirtyIndex when upgrading project version
- [iOS] Multiple Xcode project instances created before opens up when performing Build and Run for iOS Platform