Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Changes to Prefab in the Scene are not reflected when dragging Materials/Scripts onto the Asset in the Project Window
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project's "case_1311622-Project.zip" Scene labeled "SampleScene"
2. In the Hierarchy, select the "Cube" Prefab
3. In the Inspector, view the Prefab GameObject's Material
4. Drag a different Material onto the Prefab Asset located in the Project Window
5. View the "Cube" Prefab GameObject's Material again
Expected result: Material is changed
Actual result: Material is not changed
Reproducible with: 2018.4.31f1, 2019.4.20f1, 2020.2.4f1, 2021.1.0b7, 2021.2.0a4
- Viewing the Prefab in the Project Window updates all of the Prefab instances
- Selected Prefab is unselected in the Project Window when dragging a Material/Script onto it
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Sprite Preview is broken when the Sprite is too tall or too wide
- Objects are invisible in Scene view when using Wireframe Shading Mode
- The property of a component becomes read-only when it is bound to "PropertyStreamHandle"
- Physics.Raycast does not work when used on the whole model
- Shader Graph changes the Position of Prefab instances in Play mode
Resolution Note (fix version 2021.2):
Fixed in Unity 2021.2.0a10 and above