Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1.X
Changes made to Asset outside Unity are not applied during Play Mode when "Recompile After Finish Playing" is set in preferences
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project "Case_1150790"
2. Navigate to Project -> Assets -> Scenes and open "SampleScene"
3. Navigate to Edit-> Preferences-> General and set "Script Changes While Playing" to "Recompile After Finish Playing"
4. Enter Play mode
5. Edit the Asset "blue" outside of Unity with another program like "Paint" and save it
-- Notice how changes to the Asset were not applied
-- Exiting Play mode will update the Asset
Expected results: Assets without script applies changes during Play mode
Actual results: Assets without script does not change does not apply changes during Play mode
Reproducible with: 2019.1.0a13, 2019.1.1f1, 2019.2.0a14, 2019.3.0a1, 2020.1.0a25
Not Reproducible with: 2017.4.26f1, 2018.3.14f1, 2018.4.0f1, 2019.1.0a12
Note: Sometimes after exiting Play Mode assets do not update at all
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- OnApplicationPause pauseStatus is incorrect after losing focus on macOS
- Animator Blend Tree weight defaults to 0 for a frame when AnimationClipPlayable is created with script in Play Mode
- Memory gets allocated for GC each frame when using PrefabStageUtility.GetPrefabStage
- Light brightness gets intense until the 'Lightmap Encoding' quality is changed when baking Lightmap
- [Preset] Some properties cannot be excluded from Texture Importer Preset through the Inspector window