Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1
Changes made to Asset outside Unity are not applied during Play Mode when "Recompile After Finish Playing" is set in preferences
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project "Case_1150790"
2. Navigate to Project -> Assets -> Scenes and open "SampleScene"
3. Navigate to Edit-> Preferences-> General and set "Script Changes While Playing" to "Recompile After Finish Playing"
4. Enter Play mode
5. Edit the Asset "blue" outside of Unity with another program like "Paint" and save it
-- Notice how changes to the Asset were not applied
-- Exiting Play mode will update the Asset
Expected results: Assets without script applies changes during Play mode
Actual results: Assets without script does not change does not apply changes during Play mode
Reproducible with: 2019.1.0a13, 2019.1.1f1, 2019.2.0a14, 2019.3.0a1, 2020.1.0a25
Not Reproducible with: 2017.4.26f1, 2018.3.14f1, 2018.4.0f1, 2019.1.0a12
Note: Sometimes after exiting Play Mode assets do not update at all
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [iOS] SystemInfo.systemMemorySize returns negative values
- [Physics Debugger] Colliders are visualized even if their Layer is not selected in the Show Layers property
- Crash on PAL_LocalIPC_IsConnected when IPC fails on launch
- [UWP] Builds fail with Rewired
- [macOS] Video Player's 5.1 audio channel layout is incorrect when outputting to Audio Source