Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 5.5.0
Caret position resets in any input field when compiling finishes.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open attached project "SearchFieldCaretReset.zip"
2. Open "caretReset" scene
3. Open "NewBehaviourScript.cs" script
4. Edit the script (Adding a whitespace and saving is enough)
5. While the script is compiling try to enter text into search box or any other text field
Expected behaviour: caret continues with the input.
Actual behaviour: caret resets position resulting in a string that is different than what was typed.
Reproduced on: 5.2.4f1, 5.3.5f1, 5.3.6p2, 5.4.0f3, 5.5.0a5
Not reproduced on: 5.1.4f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Presets] Deleting a single preset from the project generates an error in the console
- [Linux] [Bugreporter] Suggestion box never updates
- [Pen][Editor] Pen position is not consistent with Mouse position in custom Editor window.
- InvalidOperationException when exiting Playmode
- Inspector mode defaults to "Normal" after Editor restart