Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.2.X
Duplicate in 2021.3.X
The Rect Transform and the Anchor Preset of a nested Canvas gets reset when parent Canvas is disabled and enabled
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project "case_1374782.zip"
2. Open Scene "SampleScene"
3. In the Hierarchy window drag "inner" GameObject into the "Canvas" GameObject
4. In the Inspector, under "Rect Transform" choose center-middle Anchor Preset
5. Disable and enable the "Canvas" GameObject
Expected result: the "inner" GameObject Rect Transform is the same as from before the enable/disable and the Anchor Preset is center-middle
Actual result: the "inner" GameObject Rect Transform is different and the Anchor Preset is set back to left-bottom
Reproducible with: 2019.4.32f1, 2020.3.22f1, 2021.1.28f1, 2021.2.1f1, 2022.1.0a14
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Sprite Preview is broken when the Sprite is too tall or too wide
- Objects are invisible in Scene view when using Wireframe Shading Mode
- The property of a component becomes read-only when it is bound to "PropertyStreamHandle"
- Physics.Raycast does not work when used on the whole model
- Shader Graph changes the Position of Prefab instances in Play mode
Resolution Note (fix version 2022.2):
Fixed in 2022.2.0a4
Fixes the issue by ensuring the ParentCanvas is always valid when updating the RectTransform