Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.1.X
Canvas.ForceUpdateCanvases() doesn't update canvas before Camera.Render() is called
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open attached project
2. Open scene "Scene"
3. In project tab click on "New Render Texture" and make sure that preview is enabled
4. Click on game view to make sure that it accepts keyboard keys
5. Press "2" and this will resize texture, call Canvas.ForceUpdateCanvases() and then Camera.Render()
6. Notice that render texture doesn't resize button
7. In scene view notice that canvas are resized
8. Press "1" and notice that button isn't in the corner of render texture
9. In scene view notice that it should be in the corner
Reproduced with: 5.2.5f1, 5.3.6p6, 5.4.1p2, 5.5.0b5
Apr 15, 2022 13:38
This fix seems broken the camera.targetTexture feature.
Before the fix, in 2019.4.14 or earlier version, this code can render the entire screen into a RT:
var rt = RenderTexture.GetTemporary(1280,720);
Camera.main.targetTexture = null;
After this fix, since 2019.4.15, the result will be different depends on the dispaly resolution.
If larger than 1280x720, the screen capture is cropped. Cannot automatically scaled to the entire RT as the document descripted.
I've submitted a bug, not sure whether it sill be fixed.
Feb 21, 2019 17:14
Same issue here (2018.3.2f1).
Seems quite weird that no explanation is provided when a case is closed as "Won't fix"
Jan 20, 2017 13:28
Experiencing the same issue. Unity 5.5.0p3.
Has anyone found a workaround?
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Graphics.DrawProcedural doesn't work like in DX11 when used with DX12
- [Quest 2] Running Entities Graphics/BatchRendererGroup under Vulkan results in a frame rate drop compared to OpenGLES 3 and causes Tile Binning to cost more
- Filters dropdown: Window doesn't rescale on items collapse
- Sprite Preview is broken when the Sprite is too tall or too wide
- Objects are invisible in Scene view when using Wireframe Shading Mode
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.2):
Canvas RectTransform size calculation now done for standalone renders as well. Partial fix: requires camera to be enabled during Camera.Render() call