Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.1
Fixed in 2017.3, 2017.4, 2018.3
Won't Fix in 2017.2
Canvas Batching System Dirties Project User-Created Materials when using Rect Mask 2D
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open user attached project
2. Enable the "Rect Mask 2D" component on the "Panel" Gameobject
3. Play the scene, then stop the scene
4. Click the menu "File" -> "Save Project"
5. Open the "CustomMaterial" asset in a text editor and notice that it now has "UNITY_UI_CLIP_RECT" as a shader keyword, it is a persistent project asset and now dirtied by the system. This would cause it to show up as a changed file on all source control systems, confusing developers and causing confusing merge conflicts.
6. Now, DISABLE the "Rect Mask 2D" component on the "Panel" Gameobject
7. Again play the scene, then stop the scene
8. Again click the menu "File" -> "Save Project"
9. Again open the "CustomMaterial" asset in a text editor and notice the "UNITY_UI_CLIP_RECT" shader keyword is now gone.
Expected result: canvas batching system should not dirty project user-created materials
Reproduced in: 2018.1.0a3, 2017.3.0b8, 2017.2.0b1
Not reproduced in: 2017.2.0a4, 2017.1.2p3,
Regression since: 2017.2.0b1
Fixed in: 2019.1.0a13, 2018.2.0a3, 2018.1.0b8
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Performance Regression] AnimatorEditorTests Rebind Big Hierarchy 341 Transform
- [Performance Regression] LogTests DebugLogWarning has regressed in performance
- [Performance Regression] ClassListSelector_AddNewElements has regressed in performance
- [Performance Regression] UIElementsStyling: ClassListSelector_AddNewElements test has regressed
- [Performance Regression] UIElementsStyling NameSelector_AddNewElements has regressed from 18.4