Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.1
Fixed in 2017.3, 2017.4, 2018.3
Won't Fix in 2017.2
Canvas Batching System Dirties Project User-Created Materials when using Rect Mask 2D
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open user attached project
2. Enable the "Rect Mask 2D" component on the "Panel" Gameobject
3. Play the scene, then stop the scene
4. Click the menu "File" -> "Save Project"
5. Open the "CustomMaterial" asset in a text editor and notice that it now has "UNITY_UI_CLIP_RECT" as a shader keyword, it is a persistent project asset and now dirtied by the system. This would cause it to show up as a changed file on all source control systems, confusing developers and causing confusing merge conflicts.
6. Now, DISABLE the "Rect Mask 2D" component on the "Panel" Gameobject
7. Again play the scene, then stop the scene
8. Again click the menu "File" -> "Save Project"
9. Again open the "CustomMaterial" asset in a text editor and notice the "UNITY_UI_CLIP_RECT" shader keyword is now gone.
Expected result: canvas batching system should not dirty project user-created materials
Reproduced in: 2018.1.0a3, 2017.3.0b8, 2017.2.0b1
Not reproduced in: 2017.2.0a4, 2017.1.2p3,
Regression since: 2017.2.0b1
Fixed in: 2019.1.0a13, 2018.2.0a3, 2018.1.0b8
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- HDR values are not taken into account when using baked gradient environment
- [Asset Importer] Custom framerate error should only be logged when frame rate is used
- 'NullReferenceException' is thrown when selecting multiple Particle Systems with Texture Sheet Animation module expanded
- Particle System with Texture Sheet Animation has a different playback speed from an Animation clip when using "FPS" Time Mode
- [PLM] Baked contribution from high intensity HDRIs is not handled properly in linear color space