Search Issue Tracker
Postponed means that the issue was either a feature request or something that requires major refactoring on our side. Since that makes the issue not actionable in the close future we choose to close it as Postponed and add it on our internal roadmaps and technical debt pages instead.
Cannot override type of [SerializedReference] fields in prefab instances
1) Open the attached project and scene
2) Select Polymorphic Prefab in the hierarchy
3) Change Derived Class 1 to something else in Inspector
4) Play and stop the scene
Expected: The change persists
Actual: The change reverts back to Derived Class 1
5) Select Prefabs/Polymorphic Prefab Variant in Project View
6) Try changing Derived Class 1 there
Expected: It changes
Actual: It instantly reverts back
Reproduced in 2019.3.0b2, 2020.1.0a2, 2020.1.0a14
Can't test older versions
Mar 26, 2020 08:56
do you have any plan to fix it in a previous unity release?
Feb 24, 2020 11:20
Critical for me too.
Dec 17, 2019 12:48
ah.. this is critical for me.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Variable is set to a different value from the selected enum value in the Editor dropdown
- TreeView Child display toggle styling becomes reversed when clicking and dragging it
- Null is returned when using FocusOutEvent.relatedTarget
- Unity_BaseInstanceID is always zero when rendering multiple meshes and instancing with the same buffer
- UI Document button's text does not resize relatively when size in percentage (%) is used
This is a known limitation due to how modifications are stored on prefab instances. Documentation will be corrected to mention this